Houston
Sponsored by

Scary grafiti posted in Houston for HPD

8,803 Views | 138 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
htownag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Picture posted by my friend who is HPD. Said they are finding these on locations in Houston. It's getting out of hand.
HvilleAggie
AG
This is beyond wrong. If you truly want to further human rights, you cannot threaten other humans to do so.
KDubAg
AG
Disgusting
Waltonloads08
AG
Where are they finding this, exactly?
Madman
AG
I would bet a white hipster is doing it. All the other stencil graffiti is done by white hipsters.
htownag10
AG
quote:
Where are they finding this, exactly?
NW corner of N Shepherd @ Washington Ave

Located on light control box. Another at Yale/I-10 and a few more sighted in 1 dist. Midtown.

Kirby / Westheimer

strohag
AG
quote:
I would bet a white hipster is doing it. All the other stencil graffiti is done by white hipsters.

White hipster who needs to get curb stomped for something that is absolutely unnecessary with all that is going on right now.
Madman
AG
yes
maroonout32
maroonout32
AG
I appreciate the consistency around here. Five posts up, everyone liked the "cannot threaten other humans" sentiment, and then everyone likes "we should Curb stomp white Hipsters" sentiment.
RK
AG
Hipsters aren't really humans, so there are no consistency issues.
maroonout32
AG
Ugh, checkmated...
Ryan the Temp
AG
For about a year, there was "Kill a white cop" painted on the side of a building on Blodgett in Third Ward.
htownag10
AG
quote:
For about a year, there was "Kill a white cop" painted on the side of a building on Blodgett in Third Ward.
Wonder what the going rate was for anyone to paint over it
Ag of Enlightenment
AG
I can tell you it's a scary time to be a police officer. we all know it's a dangerous job when you sign up, but things have changed. I dont see it getting any better anytime soon. BS like this doesnt help.
Jules_Winnfield
violent gun crimes need immediate death.. i bet that would curb it a little bit
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
violent gun crimes need immediate death.. i bet that would curb it a little bit
randy828
AG
You bet AOE. Keep coming home safely every night.
Al Bula
AG
This is terribly wrong. If it is not the goat dicklicker, it is likely one of his admirers.

Why can't these dudes REMUV HATE?
Texaggie7nine
Hopefully Houston follows suit and gets body cams for all officers.
7nine
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
This is terribly wrong. If it is not the goat dicklicker, it is likely one of his admirers.

Why can't these dudes REMUV HATE?
You forgot the umlaut.

Edit: I guess TexAgs doesn't support umlauts.
Texan76
There are a lot of parties who've had a hand in inciting the violence we've seen against police, as well as the riots across the country.

* The media, who are quickly becoming one of society's greatest evils. Their portrayals of the Michael Brown situation would make Goebbels proud.
* Those members of society who'd rather stand up for thug criminals than address the issues that have precipitated so much violence in communities across the country. And, who'd rather sidestep responsibility than address and resolve the issues.
* The police themselves. Specifically, those who abuse their positions of power.
* The people in positions of authority, as well as monitoring agencies who've failed to check & stop police abuses, as well as acknowledge & accept responsibility for those abuses when they occur.
* The geniuses who decided it was a good idea to militarize the police & make them believe they're Rambo. When your only tool is a hammer, everything starts looking like a nail
* Our President, who, for the sake of political power, has divided the nation along racial, economic, and political lines.
* Our Attorney General, who also has irresponsibly incited the anger many have towards law enforcement.

Sadly, the vast majority in law enforcement are genuinely good people who love America and want to serve.

I abhor the militarization of our police forces. These jackasses harming cops are just going to make it worse.
Ag of Enlightenment
AG
I agree with most of what you had to say....but you're going to have to elaborate on your idea regarding the "militarization" of police and how we believe we're Rambo now.
Waltonloads08
AG
quote:
I can tell you it's a scary time to be a police officer. we all know it's a dangerous job when you sign up, but things have changed. I dont see it getting any better anytime soon. BS like this doesnt help.

Im worried people will leave the force or simply stop police work if sentiment continues to support criminals over police.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
I agree with most of what you had to say....but you're going to have to elaborate on your idea regarding the "militarization" of police and how we believe we're Rambo now.
We've gone from this:

To this:

The Wonderer
AG
I'm all for protecting police officers as I have several troopers and local LEOs in my family, but it seems a full SWAT call out with armored equipment has moved from becoming a rare event to a daily occurrence.
Texan76
quote:
This kind of bull****:

I went to military school with this guy. He's a good man. But is it really necessary for a sheriff in Hettinger County, North Dakota -- population 2,660 -- to be dressed up like Seal Team 6?

The feds are giving all their surplus gear from our recent foreign wars to cities, counties and states. It has gone overboard.

Was talking to an officer this morning at Laredo Taqueria in Houston. HPD. They are going to dark navy or black uniforms and away from traditional blue. They look more militarized IMO. Do not like it.

SWAT gets used for things it has no business being used for these days. This all creates more of a chasm between cops and citizens. Will lead to more trouble.
Ag of Enlightenment
AG
Guys with 20+ years acknowledge things have shifted and since it doesnt appear that its going to to be getting better any time soon, they're hanging it up. Its hard to blame them. That puts HPD in a very tough spot: we've been losing more officers to retirement then we've been replacing with new cadets. We have less police officers now then 15 years ago; today we have roughly 5,200 officers for 2.2 million people, and stuff like this makes the retirements come a whole lot faster. not only are we losing officers, we're losing tons of knowledge along with it: you're considered a "rookie" for basically your first 5 years and theres a reason for that.

Texan76
quote:
I'm all for protecting police officers as I have several troopers and local LEOs in my family, but it seems a full SWAT call out with armored equipment has moved from becoming a rare event to a daily occurrence.
Yep. Give someone all those military toys, they are going to damn sure use them.

SWAT should be rare. As should no knock arrest warrants with flash bang grenades in the middle of the night.

These cop shootings are only going to make this worse.
Ag of Enlightenment
Ag of Enlightenment
AG
well, that sucks....for some reason my last post was blank. to summarize, I will answer some of the issues later, but an easy one is: "Was talking to an officer this morning at Laredo Taqueria in Houston. HPD. They are going to dark navy or black uniforms and away from traditional blue. They look more militarized IMO. Do not like it. "

We did NOT choose to switch to dark navy uniforms. Who in their right mind would want to go to basically a black uniform in a Houston summer? That was handed down form the DOJ. The DOJ mandated that all major city police departments look universal (i.e. dark navy uniforms) so that a visitor from/to NYC/LA/Hou, etc. would immediately be able to recognize a police officer.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Heard the same from a buddy in HPD about the mandate to basically have all police everywhere look the same. Still catches my eye when I see a b&w cruiser roll by.
Texan76
quote:
well, that sucks....for some reason my last post was blank. to summarize, I will answer some of the issues later, but an easy one is: "Was talking to an officer this morning at Laredo Taqueria in Houston. HPD. They are going to dark navy or black uniforms and away from traditional blue. They look more militarized IMO. Do not like it. "

We did NOT choose to switch to dark navy uniforms. Who in their right mind would want to go to basically a black uniform in a Houston summer? That was handed down form the DOJ. The DOJ mandated that all major city police departments look universal (i.e. dark navy uniforms) so that a visitor from/to NYC/LA/Hou, etc. would immediately be able to recognize a police officer.
Did not claim HPD wanted the change. I know it came from the feds. My point is that I do not like it. Looks more militarized. I actually think the traditional blue uniforms stand out more.

That is a minor point.

My main points are stated above.
Ag of Enlightenment
AG
and to use an example already used....

THIS
[img]001-the-andy-griffith-show-theredlist.jpg[/img]

Became THIS

[img]img22105512.jpg[/img]

When THIS

[img]27500acb49cbefb3bc72954e1588fa1c.jpg[/img]

Became THIS

[img]20140222__tweetcrime~1_300.JPG[/img]
Ag of Enlightenment
AG
s h i t. it appears I need a Texags forum code refresher.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.