Houston
Sponsored by

Pearland

7,879 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by r_garza05
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
While there will be delays, 288 has a hell for wide median all the way up to just south of 610. Construction interference will not be nearly as problematic as it is on the other major freeways that don't have such a wide ROW to work in and generally require lanes to be shut down for extended periods of time to get the work done.

Yep. Once funded 288 will be quick construction.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say "quick" construction. It is TXDOT, after all, and road contractors. Not sure that "quick" is in their vocabulary, and you'll for sure see massive swaths of road that won't have a soul working on them for months. I've never figured out how TXDOT schedules their work, but long periods of inactivity seem to be some type of requirement so that everybody gets good and pissed off.
longeryak
quote:
Fort bend toll road to us 90a is another good alternative to sh 288 in to tmc
Which is why the OP should be looking at Sienna Plantation, instead of Pearland, to begin with if commuting to TMC. TMC to Sienna Plantation is much faster than Pearland to TMC thanks to the Ft Bend toll.
hurricanejake02
AG
Eh... for me, there's a lot more that goes into where I live than where I commute for work.

I work downtown, fiance works TMC. If you were only looking at the commute, we should be living Montrose/Midtown/Third Ward.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
quote:
Fort bend toll road to us 90a is another good alternative to sh 288 in to tmc
Which is why the OP should be looking at Sienna Plantation, instead of Pearland, to begin with if commuting to TMC. TMC to Sienna Plantation is much faster than Pearland to TMC thanks to the Ft Bend toll.

Sienna Plantation is a place I'd probably never live. The taxes are outrageous there, and unless you live near the front (towards HWY 6), you have a miserable extra 20 minutes commuting through neighborhoods just to get to the highway.

And I had the wonderful opportunity to visit the Wal Mart at 518 and 288 today. Holy hell, there is no hope for society based on what I saw waddling through the isles in that place. People of Walmart is a real thing, not just some made up internet website.
Big Cat `93
AG
Avoid that Walmart at all costs. The Target across the street looks like Neiman-Marcus in comparison.
texas_ute
AG
Pearland?!
If you work in the med center, live near the med center, NOT in pearland.
Unless you just absolutely love being near a Old Navy, Applebee's, and commutiting 45 min to work each way. Fun times....
civilized05
AG
I pretty much forbid my wife from going there or taking our kids to that walmart. I'd rather wait two days for amazon to deliver or head across the street to target and pay a little more than step inside that festering zit of social experimentation gone awry.

I weep for our future when I go into that walmart.
drwong
AG
quote:
Pearland?!
Unless you just absolutely love being near a Old Navy, Applebee's, and commutiting 45 min to work each way. Fun times....
Man there is no Applebee's in Pearland.
Big Cat `93
AG
We do have a Frenchy's, though. And a Waffle House. So there's that.
Buck O Five
AG
Wow, a Tine thread with helpful burb-related information.
Wife is an Aggie
My taxes in SP are 3.04%. Not cheap but not as bad as the 3.65% I've seen in numerous other MPCs. The drive out of Sienna can take a while but I have heard they are going to put an exit out of the back where the new section is being developed. It'll connect to Sienna Point & out to 521. Not sure on timing.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
Pearland?!

Not everybody has this raging inferno of a need to live downtown or right next to where they work.

Shocking, I know.
South Platte
I just moved from Pearland to Kingwood. Pearland has a ton of nonsense going on. There are no truly "safe" neighborhoods unless you are in a gated community. Research school demographics and you will figure it out quickly. Next to a good neighborhood is a bad neighborhood, and they all go to school together. It's the damnedest thing I've ever seen.

Apparently all of Kingwood went to A&M judging by what I see in the grocery store and church. I didn't go to A&M, but I feel like I have way more in common with Kingwood Aggies than I do Xi Wang and Suresh in Pearland.

I don't know anything about SCR. I'm speaking about everything east of 288.
r_garza05
AG
quote:
If purchasing in Pearland and near Clear Creek, I'd be sure to compare the houses elevation versus the flood plain information produced by Harris County for Clear Creek. The Brazoria County side of the Clear Creek floodplain was not remapped after Tropical Storm Allison, and the Harris County flood elevations are higher than the Brazoria County flood elevations.

Currently working on a project right off of the creek and the situation is the opposite. Brazoria county has the old floodplain because it is more conservative.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.