Houston
Sponsored by

Recs - Watch Repair

719 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by CLB2008
Idk3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a Speedmaster that is not keeping time for some reason. It is running very fast, where it seems to ahead about 30 mins after about 2 hours. I'm looking for a trusted place to take it for repair for older watches.
Diggity
AG
aren't Speedmasters supposed to run fast?

If not, Hal Martin or The Little Watch Shop would be good bets.
Idk3
AG
Thanks. I've looked and it could run fast like a minute per 24 hours could be well within range. However, mine had been almost spot on until a few weeks ago. Now it is so fast I'm off about 30 mins after 2-3 hours. I will look up the places you mentioned and go have them check it out.

Thanks again
aTm2004
AG
It may be magnetized. If it is, any authorized dealer can fix it.

How old is it? If it's not magnetized and you've had it a while, send it to Omega for a service.
DavidAg02
Mr K's Watch Repair near 59 and Buffalo Speedway. Best I've ever been to, anywhere.
captkirk
AG
Hal Martin's is the best
Idk3
AG
Thanks everyone for the responses. Looks like I have a trip in town to Hal Martin's in the near future.
TulaneAg
Just to give you another option, I've bought and serviced my last few Omega's at Styles on Voss.
keysercade
AG
+1 for Mr. Ks
Diggity
AG
Took my watch by Mr. K's today based on these recs. Definitely cheaper than Hal Martin. We'll see how he does.
CLB2008
AG
+1 for The Little Watch Shop
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.