Houston
Sponsored by

I-69

2,588 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by aTm2004
Fishing Fools
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So I spent some time in Houston this werkend and noticed part of 59 is now called I-69. When did this happen and why?
bigjag19
AG
It has been re-designated in honor of our thriving sex industry.
jetch17
AG
Haha...69
Waltonloads08
AG
Just shows how stupid government can be. They will be replacing those signs on the daily. Might as well put in a bulk order now.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Truthfully this change has been in the works for years. I think there have been some signs up already for some time.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
NAFTA
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_69
Fishing Fools
Thank you!
Dan Scott
AG
Another interstate makes Houston look for boss on a map
JYDog90
AG
I was on the I-69 task force back in the mid 90s, appointed to represent my county that was in the corridor. I told our local newspaper at the time that we would be driving like the Jetsons by the time this thing became a reality. I drove down to Rockport last week and had to eat my words. They've done quite a bit of work on it.

The two most compelling reasons for making it an interstate (minus the unfortunate name I-69) are: it eliminates all road crossings at grade, making it a lot safer for truck traffic; and, you are eligible for new pots of money for construction that are not open to US highways.
Post removed:
by user
HBCanine08
AG
59 for Houstonians
Soufwest Freeway for when you wanna hold it dine
69 for out of towners
88jrt06
AG
Prepping for more Mexican truck traffic north through Texas and beyond.

Great news, right? More trucks on Texas highways, with world-class drivers from south of the border.

There have been 69/59 signs out the SW Fwy for one-two years now with no accompanying construction, btw.
Post removed:
by user
OCEN99
AG
I personally can't wait to see 59 change over to I-69 in East Texas. Lufkin will then sit on the intersection of I-69 and US 69.
aTm2004
AG
Will be the most stolen sign in history.
OXDL45
AG
quote:
The two most compelling reasons for making it an interstate (minus the unfortunate name I-69) are: it eliminates all road crossings at grade, making it a lot safer for truck traffic; and, you are eligible for new pots of money for construction that are not open to US highways.
This.
OXDL45
AG
quote:
59 for Houstonians
Soufwest Freeway for when you wanna hold it dine
69 for out of towners
Jack Cheese
AG
quote:
I personally can't wait to see 59 change over to I-69 in East Texas. Lufkin will then sit on the intersection of I-69 and US 69.
Double 69? That's obscene.
Biz Ag
AG
Headed south on 69

Sounds like lyrics from a pretty good C&W song.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
59 headed NE out of town is the worst. Every little 20+ person town has a stoplight and they all drop the speedlimit so they can get the ticket revenue. Maybe once the interstate is in, these little crapholes will just disappear.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
59 headed NE out of town is the worst. Every little 20+ person town has a stoplight and they all drop the speedlimit so they can get the ticket revenue. Maybe once the interstate is in, these little crapholes will just disappear.

Truth! I hate driving to my grandma's (Carthage) because of this. You can't set your cruise control because you're constantly speeding up and slowing down.
OCEN99
AG
quote:

Are there other offenders besides Corrigan and Diboll?

Kinda related, but I saw on Facebook that Diboll cops pulled over Mickey Gilley yesterday. I think he managed to get away with a warning somehow.
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
Speed limit changes in Shepherd, Livingston, Moscow, Corrigan, Diaboll, Lufkin, and Nacogdoches come to mind. Usually, by the time I'm to Nac, I can't handle it anymore and go up through Mt. Enterprise since I can drive 70+ on 315 and not have any speed changes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.