Houston
Sponsored by

Decision made on moving ITL

9,709 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by exp
Runner_2g
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The wife and I were trying to decide on if it was a good idea to move ITL for awhile now. Even posted on TexAgs a few times trying to get a feel of what others thought and their opinions.
Well, we put the house in Bridgeland up for sell, sold it in 7 days and moved to the big city haha.
All I can say is WOW!!
It brings a smile to my face watching everyone complain and moan about how bad traffic is and how the HOV sucks and how it took them 2 hours to get to work... knowing that my commute may be a total of 4-6 minutes depending on if I hit the long red light at Sage!! The extra 2.5 hours a day is almost to much, I have so much free time I do not know what to do with myself some days.
I feel like our quality of life is just ten fold better, easier, and just less stressful in general. The biggest surprise to me is we are actually saving more money!! It is less expensive! Saving the $400- on Toll/HOV between my wife and I a month, not to mention only having to fill up with gas once a month.
I honestly can say that I never see moving back out... EVER.
ATM9000
AG
Jerking yourself off is a great use of 2.5 hours of extra free time everyday so more posts like this is a great start to fill the time!
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
quote:
Jerking yourself off is a great use of 2.5 hours of extra free time everyday so more posts like this is a great start to fill the time!
You can't do that while commuting?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Jerking others off is an even better use of your new free time, so start blue starring everything that says how great ITL is.
Texaggie7nine
So it's not that you love ITL so much as you love living close to work.

I agree. It's the exact reason why I live OTL.
7nine
dummble
AG
And exactly why I live in the burb that I do.

Not everyone works ITL.

I too laugh at the radio if I am in the car long enough to hear a traffic report.
Stan Crowch
AG
Is this still a debate? Of course living ITL is better.
Forum Troll
AG
Your OTL problems had to do with living somewhere that you'd have to use 290 to commute.
drumboy
AG
quote:
Your OTL problems had to do with living somewhere that you'd have to use 290 to commute.

Or 45

Or Westpark
El Mero Guero
quote:
quote:

Or 45

Or Westpark
Or I-10, unless coming from the East. It ALL sucks.
Piercing Mae
AG
What part of town (ITL) did you decide on?

Do you guys have kids (assumed so since lived in Bridgeland)? Good schools nearby your new place?
Wife is an Aggie
quote:
The wife and I were trying to decide on if it was a good idea to move ITL for awhile now. Even posted on TexAgs a few times trying to get a feel of what others thought and their opinions.
Well, we put the house in Bridgeland up for sell, sold it in 7 days and moved to the big city haha.
All I can say is WOW!!
It brings a smile to my face watching everyone complain and moan about how bad traffic is and how the HOV sucks and how it took them 2 hours to get to work... knowing that my commute may be a total of 4-6 minutes depending on if I hit the long red light at Sage!! The extra 2.5 hours a day is almost to much, I have so much free time I do not know what to do with myself some days.
I feel like our quality of life is just ten fold better, easier, and just less stressful in general. The biggest surprise to me is we are actually saving more money!! It is less expensive! Saving the $400- on Toll/HOV between my wife and I a month, not to mention only having to fill up with gas once a month.
I honestly can say that I never see moving back out... EVER.

Cool story, bro?

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
are you renting or did you buy?
rjamizon
quote:
What part of town (ITL) did you decide on?

Do you guys have kids (assumed so since lived in Bridgeland)? Good schools nearby your new place?

He said 6 minutes of Sage. So that probably means near Memorial Park. Which means he's probably zoned Memorial Elementary and Lamar High, both decent schools.
rhoswen
AG
"Up for sell"

*headdesk*
213 Grove
AG
I work OTL so I live OTL. It makes sense. If you work inside the loop, it makes sense to live ITL. All this debate though about which one is better is retarded.

I prefer to live and work OTL however
Post removed:
by user
Diggity
AG
I don't know of anyone in that area that actually sends their kids to memorial elementary. It's something like 80% free lunch and 50% ESL.
wessimo
AG
Congrats op
wessimo
AG
jh0400
AG
ITL is full.
OXDL45
AG
Good for you OP.
bigjag19
AG
quote:
I don't know of anyone in that area that actually sends their kids to memorial elementary. It's something like 80% free lunch and 50% ESL.
So you're saying it will in fact be more expensive once you factor private school costs in?
MrJonMan
AG
I had a customer who said they were "moving out west" simply to save on private school, it was costing $50k+ a year.

Oh and "out west" turned out to be Spring Branch-ish
Diggity
AG
If they have school aged kids..yes.
CrossBowAg99
AG
That is BS. HISD is awesome too because it is ITL.
Runner_2g
AG
I love everyone's comments haha
I will admit that 75% of what is so great about living in town is being close to work. I really think it's a big key to life being a lot less stressful.
And my wife and I do not have kids yet so living in town is a lot more practical on things to do. Not much to do in cypress on a Friday night. Hopefully the kids come soon though. Even with kids I still see us staying put but we shall see.

Edit: We bought a home. Did not rent. Someone was asking.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
quote:

Where the eff do those kids live?
BMX Bandit
In the shanty houses between washington and I-10 and in Cottage Grove.

There aren't a lot of kids in general that go to Memorial Elementary compared to other HISD schools. Its one they are trying to increase enrollment too. There just aren't many "middle class" white people living in that area that have school age kids. Tons of single and DINKs.
SnowboardAg
AG
Did the same thing 1 month ago runner and we have 1kid. I love the commute and there's plenty to do on the weekend. It will just take a while to build network of friends, families, etc. - I'm ready for school to start in that respect. We also just learn to stay away from certain pockets. We are in the galleria leasing but looking to buy in the fall.
Post removed:
by user
Cris_Dishman
You can send your kids to a private school ITL for $8k to $10k per year. If you can't afford that then you suck at life and deserve to live OTL for the rest of your life. Hth.
Post removed:
by user
Diggity
AG
Jake has it all figured out.
Out in Left Field
AG
Different people have different priorities during different points in their life???
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.