Houston
Sponsored by

White Linen Night

9,124 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
Jugstore Cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yikes, people were parking and walking from the other side of Chephert.
CrossBowAg99
AG
10andBOUNCE
AG
So this is the reason people live ITL
Token
AG
Last night was ****ing awesome. I loved it
OXDL45
AG
quote:
Is that you Omar?
swimmerbabe11
I'm so hungover
El Mero Guero
Can someone please explain the klan joke? Is it just implying that all whites are racist? That this event is racist? Or what?
The Wonderer
AG
Getting out of the area wasn't hard at 4am.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Free Press' idea of "humor"
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
Can someone please explain the klan joke? Is it just implying that all whites are racist? That this event is racist? Or what?

Yes, their explanation was that white culture is inherently racist.
Diggity
AG
Omar doesn't seem to have any issues taking money from the flocks of white teenagers that make up the majority of fpsf.
Stan Crowch
AG
I was told by my uber driver yesterday that 90% of his riders are white and uber is a part of white culture and basically racist...this **** is getting ridiculous
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Did he assume you were on his side?
Stan Crowch
AG
quote:

Of course...that's why he opened up to me
Skinny Wrinkles
AG
quote:
I was told by my uber driver yesterday that 90% of his riders are white and uber is a part of white culture and basically racist...this **** is getting ridiculous

Uber drivers are great sources for facts.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:

Claims uber is racist, yet still drives for them and takes their money? Interesting.
onceaggie
AG
Only amateurs participate in White linen nite.

Trust me all the losers at my work went it was they were talking about all week.
Cromagnum
AG
Standing around when it's still 90 degrees at dusk.
drumboy
AG
quote:
Standing around when it's still 90 degrees at dusk.

Felt warm in the sun but we posted up in front of the port a cool at Town In City and it felt fine.
swimmerbabe11
One of my friends (who is black) brought a cookie cake that was decorated "Whites in the Heights"

More than one of my (non-white) friends asked if they were allowed to have any.
testosterbone
AG
Ok.
Velvet Jones
AG
quote:
One of my friends (who is black) brought a cookie cake that was decorated "Whites in the Heights"

You're friends with Charlie Strong?
Texaggie7nine
quote:
I left my wallet in my uber car accidentally when I had to get out to walk to Hotel Icon instead of sit in traffic for 20 mins to go 2 blocks because of the Critical M*******s that all deserve to die gruesome deaths.

I called the driver and he returned my wallet with no money missing and he refused to take any cash I offered as a thank you.

I will never ride a cab again.
7nine
El Mero Guero
quote:
Idiocracy. We are already there.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
quote:

Of course...that's why he opened up to me

I hope you gave him one of those weird lectures that Persians and Lebanese like to give about being the original white people.
BBRex
AG
quote:
Why did you ask him about his sociology dissertation? Did he make you call him "doctor"?
BarryProfit
quote:

More than one of my (non-white) friends asked if they were allowed to have any.

Sounds like a hell of a party.
bigjag19
AG
You went to TCU and have multiple non white friends?
BoxingAg84
From the comments sections of chron.com's WLN slideshow...

quote:
white Linen Night jumped the shark a few years ago, but this one was the worst. Hot, not able to move due to the crowds, drunks everywhere, oblivious to the Heights being dry. Couldn't get to the Art Market, too many people in the way, drunks taking a leak on everything and slobbering all over the place, drone strikes overhead from the NS"O'bama, drunks carrying around coolers on wheels and taking their six packs everywhere, bands and DJs playing all at the same time, drowned out not just by each other but also the roar of the food truck generators, drunks lined up for the drunk fest, long lines every where, hot, sweaty, drunks spilling beers down your back and onto themselves, hot and stuffy with all the drunks, just awful and lost sight of all that it once was, I won't go near it again.[url=http://www.chron.com/life/society/slideshow/Scenes-from-White-Linen-Night-in-the-Heights-114470.php#][/url]
thaed137
AG
Wait......people were drinking there! AAAAAAAAAAh! I'm not a huge fan of large crowds but it was fun to have a beer and listen to some music and walk around, but if you showed up and saw that crowd and didn't think it might be full of drunk people then you only have yourself to blame.
swimmerbabe11
The heights is dry? I understood that walking around with a drink was legal in heights.
bigjag19
AG
TC Jester made the Heights dry.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
From the comments sections of chron.com's WLN slideshow...

quote:
white Linen Night jumped the shark a few years ago, but this one was the worst. Hot, not able to move due to the crowds, drunks everywhere, oblivious to the Heights being dry. Couldn't get to the Art Market, too many people in the way, drunks taking a leak on everything and slobbering all over the place, drone strikes overhead from the NS"O'bama, drunks carrying around coolers on wheels and taking their six packs everywhere, bands and DJs playing all at the same time, drowned out not just by each other but also the roar of the food truck generators, drunks lined up for the drunk fest, long lines every where, hot, sweaty, drunks spilling beers down your back and onto themselves, hot and stuffy with all the drunks, just awful and lost sight of all that it once was, I won't go near it again.[url=http://www.chron.com/life/society/slideshow/Scenes-from-White-Linen-Night-in-the-Heights-114470.php#][/url]

I laughed at the "drunks lined up for the drunk fest" part. I enjoyed reading this comment.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
TC Jester made the Heights dry.

TC Jester is a real jerk.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.