Houston
Sponsored by

Fire on kempwood

4,029 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ferris Wheel Allstar
Mr. Lahey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fwa, Sloan, other sb ags. Anybody know what's goin on with that fire? Just landed in New Orleans and had text from 3 different people
jetch17
AG
Is that the 4 alarm ho on the news?
Aggiemike96
AG
Looks to be an apartment complex...an entire building up in flames!
rjamizon
White smoke means they've chosen a new pope.
Mr. Lahey
AG
It's the complex next to st Jerome. Got a bunch of pics from my wife, might try and figure out how to post em when I get to my hotel.
Aggiemike96
AG
Something on the inside seems to be serving as an unusual fuel source...perhaps a gas line or something? Actually, judging by the looks of the complex, probably a meth lab.
Mr. Lahey
AG
Pics of the fire, not my wife.

IBF you degenerates
BMX Bandit
I was in her before you. Sorry.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Something on the inside seems to be serving as an unusual fuel source...perhaps a gas line or something? Actually, judging by the looks of the complex, probably a meth lab.
Common attic space and wind.
Aggie1205
AG
Plus now a standoff with an armed robbery suspect at Gessner and Tangiers. Busy night in Spring Branch.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Sloan and I live about a block from this. I drove by as the 1st responders were getting on scene. The fire looked to be in the middle of the apts but was about a floor or two above the top. Hopefully they get condemned and another town home development gets put in. Just got back from the Astros game. Looks like the school is being used for s shelter.
Furlock Bones
AG
yep, the school across from my house is housing the people from the complex. at lest 2/3 of the apt was completely destroyed. hot, dry and windy is always a bad combo for fires.
Sea Gull
AG
Wow I'm surprised no one was hurt. There's a crap ton of kids in that complex that I see waiting for the bus every morning.

I live about 2 blocks from there...it was pretty crazy. Smoke everywhere...
jetch17
AG
quote:
Sloan and I live about a block from this.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
#nailedit
Furlock Bones
DiskoTroop
Saw the smoke last night on the trip to Walgreens at Gessner and Kempwood. Wondered what it was all about. Heard several responders drive past while in the store. T&P's for the homeless roaches the fire put on the streets...
El Mero Guero
I literally was just over there the other day. This hits pretty close to home.
Texaggie7nine
arson

http://www.chron.com/houston/article/Suspect-charged-in-3-alarm-Houston-apartment-fire-6412363.php?cmpid=bna&utm_source=WhatCountsEmail&utm_medium=breaking_news&utm_campaign=20150729_BN6412363334
7nine
Ferris Wheel Allstar
Ag_07
AG
Damn I'm out of town this week and hadn't seen this.

We're only a few blocks away from there and the wife didn't say anything about it tonight.
bigjag19
AG
quote:

We're only a few blocks away from there and the wife didn't say anything about it tonight.

Maybe she wasn't home...
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
quote:

Maybe she wasn't home...
pretty ****ty way to find out your wife is cheating on you

bigjag19
AG
Was FWA accounted for last night?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
Was FWA accounted for last night?
I dont mess with wives, that is bad karma
Ag_07
AG
Ah...You fckin guys.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
So we know there are undocumented people living here? But think of the childrens!

quote:

HOUSTON Arson victims in need of help are afraid to ask because of rumors circulating in their Spring Branch apartment complex
A week ago, a four-alarm fire wiped out 60 apartments at the Gentry House complex. Help quickly came for victims. However, only half of those evicted stepped forward to receive donations, according to volunteers.

"I'm not afraid for myself," said one mother of two who did not want to be identified. "But, (I'm afraid) for my children and the fear they might instill in my children."
She said rumors are keeping some victims in the shadows - those without proper documentation fear calls to immigration.

"A lot of them have left," one volunteer said. "They're afraid to come back."
Volunteers roam the complex's parking lots most evenings to look for fire victims in need. They've found some sleeping in cars.
"It was so hot in the car, (a couple) got out and opted to sleep on the bench outside the church (next door)," another volunteer said.
"To see my neighbors in that situation, it hurts," Xanders Pace said.
Pace also lost his home in the fire. However, donations helped his family move into a new unit.
"If it wasn't for those guys, we'd still be in a painful situation," Pace said.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.