Houston
Sponsored by

Rental House Lease Agreement

1,220 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TXTransplant
Aggies2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I were sent a lease agreement by the listing agent for a property we were interested in renting. However, we have never lived in anything but an apartment. I was hoping one of you fine Aggie real estate agents on this board could look it over very quickly to make sure everything is normal. Thanks!
Mucho austin
AG
Post away
Mucho austin
AG

Everything will probably be the same except that you will be in charge of yard work, water, elec, tv, internet. Landlord should still be in charge of repairs/maintenance, insurance, hoa.
Stan Crowch
AG
The Prima Nocta clause is typical for Houston home rental agreements...don't be alarmed.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:

Everything will probably be the same except that you will be in charge of yard work, water, elec, tv, internet. Landlord should still be in charge of repairs/maintenance, insurance, hoa.
First home lease I had included us being on the hook for the first $150 in maintenance and for maintaining the yard to a minimum standard.
Forum Troll
AG
nm
aTm2004
AG
Negotiate a reduction in rent and a yard man if the owner gets to play with your wife's boobs for an hour each month.
TXTransplant
Just a word of caution to make sure you carefully read the language in the lease that addresses what can happen once you give notice that you won't be renewing and will be moving out. When I rented, I dealt exclusively with the owner (to the point where the property management company wouldn't return my phone calls). But once the property management company got notice that I would be moving out, they were pretty much obnoxious and unrelenting in their insistence to have "showings" for potential new renters (I rented the house based off of pictures I saw on the Internet and didn't see it in person until the day we moved in, so I had no idea rental house showings were such a big deal). They were real jerks about it, and according to the lease, they were allowed to enter the property for a showing at any time, even if I wasn't home. And they didn't have any obligation to give me any sort of decent notice (they called me a couple of hours before they wanted to do one showing only to find out that I was two hours away and they were out of luck). All of the exterior doors all had interior-only deadbolts, and I was the only person with a garage door opener, so I won that battle. Without the locks, though, I would have expected the property management company to traipse people in and out pretty much any time they wanted. I wound up vacating about two weeks before the lease was up, which was as much a convenience for me as it was for the property management company.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.