Houston
Sponsored by

Sports trading cards in Houston

2,346 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Diggity
H-town ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My son collects sports trading cards (football / baseball) ... are there still sports memorabilia stores in Houston where you can buy rare cards, etc? Any recommendations?
El Duke
For rare cards...contact Butch Gutzman.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Go find this guy:
H-town ag
AG
Yes, the comic guys creep me out.
DCC99
AG
www.ebay.com
Seriously.
jetch17
AG
Bet bet will be to go to the tristar collectors show that comes around twice a year

The card market sucks nowadays
jopatura
AG
Is the sports card shop on Hillcroft next to the New York bagel shop still there? Think it was HLT&T Sports. They specialized in cards, although it's been years since I stepped inside their shop.
Mr.Ackar07
I go here occasionally: http://www.houstonsportsconnection.net/

Located between Dairy Ashford and Kirkwood on Westheimer. They have a lot of Houston related cards and a display case of PSA cards from the 50s and a little earlier.
chico
AG
Clarence at Oaks Batter Up, on Yale just north of 610N has some. Not many, but a few cards & other collectable items. It's a batting cage set-up but in his office is some stuff for sale. Mostly baseball but some other sports as well.
drwong
AG
I'm trying to sell my collection from the 80s if he wants anything from that era.
Jackal99
AG
quote:
Is the sports card shop on Hillcroft next to the New York bagel shop still there? Think it was HLT&T Sports. They specialized in cards, although it's been years since I stepped inside their shop.

Nope. Been gone for a few years.
H-town ag
AG
Thanks for all of the replies and suggestions. We heard of the place on Westheimer, but was not sure the location, so this helps. He has already started on eBay, but wanted to go to a physical location to look around. Thanks again.
DCC99
AG
quote:
I'm trying to sell my collection from the 80s if he wants anything from that era.
I too was a child of the 80s/90s, so a large part of my collection is also crap. Turns out my stepdad wasn't a dumb@ss when he'd say "they're only worth what someone is willing to pay for them." And the prices listed in my Beckett (Jose Canseco on the cover) weren't binding.
drwong
AG
I went through and sorted everything and a lot of that stuff is worse far less now than what I paid for it. Who knew Cory Snyder wasn't going to be a hall of famer?
Diggity
AG
Can someone check their most recent Beckett to check the value of this card? I have a whole binder full of them that I'm hoping to retire on.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.