Houston
Sponsored by

Tailgating for Arizona St.

3,244 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by htownag2007
OXDL45
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have some advice or experience tailgating at NRG? Is there is preferred lot to do this or does each lot allow pits and the entire setup?

Read some info online but wanted some first hand experience at NRG.

TIA.
BMX Bandit
Last year, the main lots touching NRG opened much later than the one just north of stadium across Kirby.

It was a much much crazier scene. Full tents, bbq etc. I assume same rules this year
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I'm familiar with Texans tailgating. How many turntables do you have in your setup? Will you be bringing your entire neighborhood, or just your 30 immediate family members?
OXDL45
AG
quote:
I'm familiar with Texans tailgating. How many turntables do you have in your setup? Will you be bringing your entire neighborhood, or just your 30 immediate family members?
htownag2007
AG
From my research, the platinum lot opens for tailgating an hour before the other permit lots.
I don't know on the tailgating scene, but that was enough for us to buy passes to that lot. Does anyone have experience with that lot?
UndergroundAg
quote:

Are you talking about the SB Toros? ! CLOL
OXDL45
AG
Hour difference sounds like incentive enough for me to buy there.

I am expecting 40 family members as it is.
Cole Trickle
AG
Per the Texans ticket office:
-Lots open at noon, people will start lining up before that
- Platinum parking passes are $50. However big your tailgate is, that's how many parking passes you need (we bought 10 to cover vehicles, pit, tents, etc.)
- I was able to order and pay for my passes over the phone. They are mailing them to me

That's all I got right now
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
- Platinum parking passes are $50. However big your tailgate is, that's how many parking passes you need (we bought 10 to cover vehicles, pit, tents, etc.)
- I was able to order and pay for my passes over the phone. They are mailing them to me

This. I bought 12 spots for my tailgate in platinum.

If you want to have a tent set up, Acme tent rental has the contract with the Texans. They can get on site before gates open. Other than this info, this website has all the info:

talgate rules
agnerd
AG
Looks like I'll stick to tailgating at Kyle. You have to have 2 space plus another one for the car just to set up a 10x10 tent. We can take everyone for a steak dinner before the game and still come out ahead of the parking pass cost before we even get to buying tailgate food and drinks.
TheWoodsAg
AG
Tailgating at NRG blows.....Someone explain to me why you would want to sweat your balls off in a concrete parking lot on the first Saturday in September, when you could go to an air-conditioned bar with your friends and watch College Football before parking at NRG and walking in 30 minutes to an hour before kickoff?

The Catfish
AG
I'll take my tailgate to the bar.. it's going to be hot as hell that day.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
Tailgating at NRG blows.....Someone explain to me why you would want to sweat your balls off in a concrete parking lot on the first Saturday in September, when you could go to an air-conditioned bar with your friends and watch College Football before parking at NRG and walking in 30 minutes to an hour before kickoff?

bc we are not a bunch of 2 week old raw catfish smelling poons
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Yeah, but can you play cornhole with your bros at a bar?

You can? Well, then.
TheWoodsAg
AG
quote:
quote:

bc we are not a bunch of 2 week old raw catfish smelling poons

You're going to smell like raw catfish poon after a day of tailgating at NRG. Enjoy spending your money to sweat like an Indian hobo in a boxcar all day, I'm sure your neighbors at the game will enjoy the stench.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
nah, got that covered

Diggity
AG
bumping an old thread.

Anyone know if you need a ticket to the game to go to the tailgate?
Texaggie7nine
http://www.advocaretexaskickoff.com/gameday-ticket-policy/

Looks like you can get tailgate tickets like regular Texan games.
7nine
RK
AG
somebody is going to get drunk and pee pee in that port-a-cools reservoir.
Diggity
AG
Thanks.
AggieChemE09
AG
Whats the cell phone signal going to be like. I have a draft at 330pm...........
Diggity
AG
good timing
htownag2007
AG
quote:

Are you sure of the lots opening at noon? I called the ticket office, and they said that that is not the case. She also told me that the Platinum lot opens 4 hours before when the website says 5, so I don't know anything for sure anymore.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.