Houston
Sponsored by

Heat

7,094 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ag_07
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Moved from DFW to the Houston area last year. The humidity is killing me...and my hair.

I much prefer the humid heat of Houston over the dry cracking skin of DFW.
1876er
AG
Dallas currently has a dew point of 68. That is hardly dry.
bigjag19
AG
quote:
Hot? In July in Houston? Huh

Traffic is also bad along 610 west over by the Galleria. Especially around 5 pm.

But can I be in Katy in 20 minutes like they said I could?
BobSacamano
I agree, there is certainly weather outside. At the end of the day, though, it's really not the heat--it's the humidity.

I'm just thankful that I don't live in a garage like my friend Joey Gladstone. Even though he lives in San Francisco, where the weather is somewhat moderate, he probably gets cold in the winter. Fortunately, he has a really good sense of humor.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
Dallas currently has a dew point of 68. That is hardly dry.

Winters are super dry.
NorthHollywoodHenry
AG
quote:
I agree, there is certainly weather outside. At the end of the day, though, it's really not the heat--it's the humidity.

I'm just thankful that I don't live in a garage like my friend Joey Gladstone. Even though he lives in San Francisco, where the weather is somewhat moderate, he probably gets cold in the winter. Fortunately, he has a really good sense of humor.
NorthHollywoodHenry
AG
quote:

agracer
AG
quote:
No way gentlemen, I just spent the last 9 years living in the Northeast. Sure, the first years are great as it is different, but after a couple years of dealing with snow, potholes, ludicrous taxes, asinine driving laws, the proliferation of libtards, 100 year-old over priced homes and everything else that is the anti-Texas...you'll wish you were back here.
Texas is not as freedom loving as Texans think it is. The beer distribution laws, car dealer laws, high property taxes, fixed rate home title insurance fees just to name as few are as anti-freedom as you can get.
Potholes - The Texas heat makes these as bad as Northern winters
Taxes - property tax is like a 2nd mortgage payment
DPS - inspection sticker stings on I-10 anyone
TEBC - arresting 'drunk' patrons in hotel bars..who are staying AT the hotel.
And liberals are flocking to Texas's major cities.
Cromagnum
AG
quote:

quote:
Hell, I start counting down to Fall in March. I would be A-okay if we just skipped spring and summer every year.

Then you're missing out.

Spring and summer are the best times in Houston.

HLSR (country sucks)
Shell Open (who cares)
Crawfish
Astros baseball (not football, don't care)
Bayou Art Festival (don't care)
FPSF (wtf is that? On 2nd thought, don't care)
White Linen (don't care)

Just to name a few of the things Houston has to offer in the Spring/Summer. It's a great time of the year in this city.

Ag_07
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:
Hell, I start counting down to Fall in March. I would be A-okay if we just skipped spring and summer every year.

Then you're missing out.

Spring and summer are the best times in Houston.

HLSR (country sucks)
Shell Open (who cares)
Crawfish
Astros baseball (not football, don't care)
Bayou Art Festival (don't care)
FPSF (wtf is that? On 2nd thought, don't care)
White Linen (don't care)

Just to name a few of the things Houston has to offer in the Spring/Summer. It's a great time of the year in this city.

You sound like an old fuddy-duddty who sits around and talks about how much Houston sucks and there's never anything to do here.

Spring and summer in Houston is a blast
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.