Houston
Sponsored by

Heat

7,087 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ag_07
LostInLA07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heat index is 119 per wunderground. F this.
htxag09
AG
No joke. I played golf at 5 pm in Vail, Co two days ago and at 8:30 am today in Houston. Today I sweat more unloading my clubs than my whole round Thursday....

I'm definitely questioning why any of us put up with this heat.
suburban cowboy
AG
Is that per the app or full web page?

I've been trying to find a heat index forecast
LostInLA07
AG
App. But that was current, not forecast.
Ag83
AG
quote:
Is that per the app or full web page?

I've been trying to find a heat index forecast
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=30.0799&lon=-95.4172&unit=0&lg=english&FcstType=graphical

http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:77373.1.99999

Duck Blind
AG
In Cooperstown NY. Temps in 50s at night. The older I get the more I hate TX heat.
HalifaxAg
AG
No way gentlemen, I just spent the last 9 years living in the Northeast. Sure, the first years are great as it is different, but after a couple years of dealing with snow, potholes, ludicrous taxes, asinine driving laws, the proliferation of libtards, 100 year-old over priced homes and everything else that is the anti-Texas...you'll wish you were back here.

I used to think the same thing..."oh I can put on more clothes to keep warm" and you can but I promise you, I was never so happy as to get the opportunity to move back to Texas.

Now, if I had the money and the job setup to do so, I would be a snowbird. I would take my June-August in Nova Scotia, Canada and spent the rest of the time in Texas.
htxag09
AG
quote:
Now, if I had the money and the job setup to do so, I would be a snowbird. I would take my June-August in Nova Scotia, Canada and spent the rest of the time in Texas.

This is what I'm thinking. My wife and I both have jobs that would most likely allow us to do this. And we would get a place that allows us to rent it out in the winter months.
SnowboardAg
AG
quote:
couple years of dealing with snow, potholes, ludicrous taxes, asinine driving laws, the proliferation of libtards, 100 year-old over priced homes and everything else that is the anti-Texas...you'll wish you were back here.

Sounds like New Jersey.
1876er
AG
Wunderground is consistently way off.
onceaggie
AG
It's hot in Houston in the summer ? No ****
Quincey P. Morris
AG
My Facebook wall was littered with people who couldn't wait for summer in March. I have never understood why anyone would actually anxiously await this crap. Personally, I'm counting down for fall.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
i use to teach swim lessons 8-12:30, walk 18 holes, then teach more swimming lessons 5-8 during the summer....

now i hate walking out to the garage at 3pm
Post removed:
by user
suburban cowboy
AG
Thanks
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
Bunch of wusses up in here. Texas summers better than northern winters. Rest of our year is better too. Bonus is better looking tan scantily clad women vs pale large women with sweats on.

Can't handle northern winters also makes you a wuss.
AgsLv44
AG
Moved from DFW to the Houston area last year. The humidity is killing me...and my hair.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
AgsLv44
AG
I moved from Michigan in HS.

I handle Michigan winters better than I do the Houston humidity. I finally acclimated to summers in Dallas, but I think adjusting to this weather may take some time.
AgsLv44
AG
quote:
quote:
Moved from DFW to the Houston area last year. The humidity is killing me...and my hair.

Lovely can we now argue whether Houston or Dallas has worse heat. I vote Houston.
Ag83
AG
quote:
My Facebook wall was littered with people who couldn't wait for summer in March. I have never understood why anyone would actually anxiously await this crap. Personally, I'm counting down for fall.
I'll take this over cold, wet, and windy every day of the week. I mowed the backyard this morning and came in the house soaked in sweat by 9:30. Love it over 40 degree damp windy weather.
1876er
AG
quote:

The heat index in Dallas today will be around 105, and 109 in Houston. While 105 is technically better, you aren't going outside in either.

I just try to remind myself that October isn't far away.
malenurse
AG
Native american cave paintings were recently discovered near San Antonio. Scientists have carbon dated the paintings and estimate they were made late 1600's. Loosely translated they say "It's hot as f*** here. Let's move farther north".

My point is: it's been hot as f*** here for hundreds of years. It's hot as f*** here now. It will be hot as f*** here for the foreseeable future.

Deal with it.
Post removed:
by user
dreyOO
It's a damn shame we can only live in TX or the Northeast. If only there was a middle ground somewhere.
JYDog90
AG
My theory is that God made it hot and mosquito-y because if it wasn't, everyone would want to live here.
bedofbrass33
AG
I would like to invite all you people that can't handle the heat to move up north. Wouldn't mind house prices falling a little and fewer drivers clogging up the freeways.

FTR, it feels like 88F at 53% humidity in NYC, feels like 109F at 39% in Houston. Both suck. Stay inside during the day and party at night.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:
quote:
I'll take this over cold, wet, and windy every day of the week. I mowed the backyard this morning and came in the house soaked in sweat by 9:30. Love it over 40 degree damp windy weather.
We're polar opposites then. I love the cold. Love Texas more, but the summers are brutal. Only thing I hate about winter is that I play music for money on the side and a lot of my gigs are patio deals. Cold and wet gets those cancelled.
randy828
AG
I just got back from Rio de Janeiro where it is winter...80's were the high and high 60's were the low. That is the kind of winter to go to to get out of the Texas heat.

And the beaches were still filled with girls in fio dentals. Buzios, Cabo Frio, ....should have stayed for another month or two.
Skinny Wrinkles
AG
High temperatures are not news unless it's above 90 deg in New York City.
Ag_07
AG
Hot? In July in Houston? Huh

Traffic is also bad along 610 west over by the Galleria. Especially around 5 pm.
Cromagnum
AG
quote:

Hell, I start counting down to Fall in March. I would be A-okay if we just skipped spring and summer every year.
Ag_07
AG

quote:
Hell, I start counting down to Fall in March. I would be A-okay if we just skipped spring and summer every year.

Then you're missing out.

Spring and summer are the best times in Houston.

HLSR
Shell Open
Crawfish
Astros baseball
Bayou Art Festival
FPSF
White Linen

Just to name a few of the things Houston has to offer in the Spring/Summer. It's a great time of the year in this city.
1876er
AG
It could be worse...

Dubai is HOT
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.