Houston
Sponsored by

Karbach vs St Arnolds tours

6,499 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by yeahtoast
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Thinking about it, have any of the Houston breweries put out a decent porter or stout?

Buried Hatchet

Town in City's Porter is good too, but gonna be hard to find unless you go to their taproom.

I'll believe Town in City has beer when I see it with my own eyes.
redag06
Trying 2 of Houston's newest breweries in the next week. Will be at City Acre friday and will also try out Back Pew in Porter.

You know the market is getting over saturated when PORTER has a brewery!
Texaggie7nine
quote:
Trying 2 of Houston's newest breweries in the next week. Will be at City Acre friday and will also try out Back Pew in Porter.

I have had several of their offerings back when they used to be featured at Buf Bayou Brewing tours. I was very underwhelmed with all of their beer.
7nine
Jock 07
AG
guess I need to give buff bayou another shot next time I'm in town. Most of their stuff I had when I went to the brewery ~3 or 4 years ago were drain pours.
redag06
I assume they are still brewing on essentially a home brew set up. No Label used to be AWFUL when they were on a similar setup, but they are decent now.
drumboy
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Thinking about it, have any of the Houston breweries put out a decent porter or stout?

Buried Hatchet

Town in City's Porter is good too, but gonna be hard to find unless you go to their taproom.

I'll believe Town in City has beer when I see it with my own eyes.

Taproom open today for the first time.
drumboy
AG
quote:

Still not going to Porter.

Actually might meet my brother in law there sometime. He's in Splendora or Shepherd so it's kind of in the middle.
yeahtoast
AG
quote:
guess I need to give buff bayou another shot next time I'm in town. Most of their stuff I had when I went to the brewery ~3 or 4 years ago were drain pours.
Ditto, it was also hotter than balls and they had a Pho truck outside.

Yup. That's what I want in August in Houston. Pho. Jackwagons.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.