Houston
Sponsored by

RTT - HFD hit sister's car

5,465 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by NICU Dad
strohag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ryan,
HFD hit my sister's car which was legally parked in midtown. They were on a call and probably never heard the collision. We have the police coming. There are witnesses to the collision. Anything we can do to get a claim expedited? Car is not drivable. Any input or info is appreciated. Thanks!
Ryan the Temp
AG
Call 311 and ask to speak to the Legal Department subrogation section.
strohag
AG
10-4 thx.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I can get you a better number when I get back in the office, if that doesn't work.
strohag
AG
I'd appreciate that. Already been waiting on the cops for 1.5 hrs. I'll let you know what we find out.
aTm2004
AG
Tell them you're white.
UndergroundAg
Did they hit it from the front? Did they hit it from the side? Did they hit it from the back?!
strohag
AG
Cops showed, report filed, and we have a case #. I'll let you know if we have any trouble Ryan.
malenurse
AG
quote:
I'd appreciate that. Already been waiting on the cops for 1.5 hrs. I'll let you know what we find out.
Several years ago while working as a paramedic, my ambulance was hit during a police chase by the perpetrator fleeing after robbing a drive in grocery. After calling a backup ambulance to pick up my patient and my partner who was in the back, I waited 3-4 hours for HPD before being told they didn't have a unit to investigate and I should go to the nearest substation the next morning to file a report.
Cadet05
AG
Guess they were all out checking for seat belts and registration underneath the overpasses. They can't pay the bills by investigating a hit and run or burglary.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
Several years ago while working as a paramedic, my ambulance was hit during a police chase by the perpetrator fleeing after robbing a drive in grocery. After calling a backup ambulance to pick up my patient and my partner who was in the back, I waited 3-4 hours for HPD before being told they didn't have a unit to investigate and I should go to the nearest substation the next morning to file a report.
Same happened when I was hit by an illegal, uninsured alien.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Some "unlicensed, uninsured" driver ran stop sign and hit me when I was driving a company car ... with a dead body in the back. That was a good time.
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
Some "unlicensed, uninsured" driver ran stop sign and hit me when I was driving a company car ... with a dead body in the back. That was a good time.
Now that is thoed
MichaelJ
AG
Wait. You had the dead body in the car? Or they did?
98Ag99Grad
AG
You can't post a story like that and then leave without giving more details!
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
I had the dead body in the back. I worked in the funeral business for five years. I was on my way back to our facility after picking it up from the hospital when it happened. Nothing really interesting about it.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Sounds like you were Michael C Hall from Six Feet Under
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Sounds like you were Michael C Hall from Six Feet Under
Except I was one of the people working for Kroehner Service International at the body factory.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Well played sir. Well played.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
Did they hit it from the front? Did they hit it from the side? Did they hit it from the back?!
neva let hoe ass ****** ride
schmellba99
AG
quote:
Guess they were all out checking for seat belts and registration underneath the overpasses. They can't pay the bills by investigating a hit and run or burglary.

Remember - only 11% of all crimes get solved. Can't expect too much from our public servants.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:
I had the dead body in the back. I worked in the funeral business for five years. I was on my way back to our facility after picking it up from the hospital when it happened. Nothing really interesting about it.
You should have gotten out of the car all frantic, ran to the back screaming "Chris! Chris! Are you OK, Chris?!?!" and then looked at the person who hit you and yelled "YOU KILLED CHRIS!!!"
combat wombat™
Ryan the Temp
AG
I had to open the back to make sure the remains weren't damaged, and she figured out real quick what was back there. There was a lot of "ay Dios mio" going on.
Ag_07
AG
I read that story and can't help but imagine it went down kinda like Bad Boys II when they're in a chase with that hearse and bodies are falling everywhere.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
I read that story and can't help but imagine it went down kinda like Bad Boys II when they're in a chase with that hearse and bodies are falling everywhere.
4-pack van with a lift. I've spent more time than I can remember driving one of those.
strohag
AG
Ryan,
City made her get 3 estimates and it's about 4k in damages. They are telling her it could be 12 weeks to investigate. Is there a way to expedite this? We have 2 witnesses who gave statements. So now she will have to file it on her insurance and hope the city actually takes care of this. Any ideas?
Ryan the Temp
AG
That's not really my bailiwick, so I'm not sure. Sorry.
Bondag
AG
quote:
Ryan,
City made her get 3 estimates and it's about 4k in damages. They are telling her it could be 12 weeks to investigate. Is there a way to expedite this? We have 2 witnesses who gave statements. So now she will have to file it on her insurance and hope the city actually takes care of this. Any ideas?

File on insurance and let your company go after COH
strohag
AG
quote:
quote:
Ryan,

File on insurance and let your company go after COH

That's what she is going to do. Just a huge cluster.
TX scallywAG
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
You should have gotten out of the car all frantic, ran to the back screaming "Chris! Chris! Are you OK, Chris?!?!" and then looked at the person who hit you and yelled "YOU KILLED CHRIS!!!"

---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
NICU Dad
AG
quote:
Welp, if that doesn't sum up Houston, I don't know what does.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.