Houston
Sponsored by

Hov watch

4,594 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Forum Troll
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't get on hov lane without passengers. Cops out in force. Entrance from downtown had 3 cars pulled over.
TraditionsPD
AG
Patio set in hov @290w and huffmiester
drumboy
AG
Took the HOV into DT from 10 today around 3 solo and there was a cop sitting right where it ends at Washington. Good thing he was texting and not protecting & serving.
Aggielandma12
AG
quote:
Took the HOV into DT from 10 today around 3 solo and there was a cop sitting right where it ends at Washington. Good thing he was sexting and not protecting & serving.

FIFY
Aggiemike96
AG
Great! I was excited about the Apple Watch...and now we can get one for HOV too? Awesome!
cr0wbar
AG
No- keep driving in the HOV without a passenger. I hope you get a big ass ticket
Jules_Winnfield
Buck O Five
AG
Speeding in the I-10 managed lanes is worse. It's a quicker way to lose money than betting on our sports teams.
chortatm
AG
"Be a hero. Report hov violators"
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
Only problem with the sting this past Thursday, is they pulled over a METRO Board member who had legitimately paid the HOT lane toll just a few minutes before 5:00 PM.

Which then led to a good number of dominos falling afterward...
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
quote:
Only problem with the sting this past Thursday, is they pulled over a METRO Board member who had legitimately paid the HOT lane toll just a few minutes before 5:00 PM.

Which then led to a good number of dominos falling afterward...
Deets pls.
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
Here you go for the deets: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/29620101/metro-to-change-hov-and-hot-lane-policies-after-mistaken-traffic-stop
IDaggie06
AG
quote:
Here you go for the deets: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/29620101/metro-to-change-hov-and-hot-lane-policies-after-mistaken-traffic-stop

It's all fun and games until they pull over a Metro Board Member.
chiken
AG
I'm interested to see what "policies" they chanage.
schmendeler
AG
the cut-off has been pushed up to 4:30pm.
BrazosDog02
AG
I LOVE watching people get tickets in teh HOV lane. Its almost become a past time for me and the kids.

"Oh...this guy behind us has no passenger...."
"OH HE GOT HIM! HE GOT HIM! CHECK IT OUT!!! BUSTED YOU F-ING *******!!!"
chiken
AG
quote:
the cut-off has been pushed up to 4:30pm.
NooooOOoooOOOoOoOOoooO!!!!
Furlock Bones
AG
i don't take the HOV since i don't live in BFE. i just decided to offer up the courtesy warning that day.
IDaggie06
AG
quote:
I LOVE watching people get tickets in teh HOV lane. Its almost become a past time for me and the kids.

The irony is that a parent driving with kids under 16 in the HOV lane is not reducing traffic at all.

I drive in the HOV lanes solo every chance I get. Never been close to getting pulled over.
dreyOO
Glad it happened to her. If it had been a regular citizen, most wouldn't have fought it. And even if someone had, how long till any reviews occur?
NorthHollywoodHenry
AG
Skinny Wrinkles
AG
quote:
quote:

The irony is that a parent driving with kids under 16 in the HOV lane is not reducing traffic at all.

I drive in the HOV lanes solo every chance I get. Never been close to getting pulled over.

Badass.
Aggie09Derek
AG
http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2015/07/hov-lanes-to-boot-solo-houston-commuters-during.html?ana=fbk
Forum Troll
AG
Porsche pulled over on 59 HOV lane this AM just before Westpark curve, only 1 passenger (toll was not open this AM).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.