Houston
Sponsored by

I45 lane closures in Woodlands/Spring this weekend

5,462 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Moto Ag
TXTransplant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone have accurate information on this? I just read a report that I-45 northbound AND southbound lanes will be completely closed this weekend. Southbound closed from Rayford Sawdust to 2920 and northbound closed from Spring Cypress to 99. The last time an announcement about lane closures was put out, it was completely WRONG, so I'm wondering about the accuracy of this info.
YellAg2004
AG
I believe that closure isn't supposed to happen until next weekend. Where did you see it reported as this weekend?
TXTransplant
Via the Montgomery County Police Reporter (a sketchy source, at best). It was in a list of road closures all over the Houston area and the date was 7/17.

Scroll down...closures are listed in order by date.

http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/txdot-construction-lane-closure-update-7-14-15/
YellAg2004
AG
It appears that TxDOT hasn't updated everyone that the closure got pushed to the following weekend 7/24-27/2015. I'll follow up this morning and report back.
pnut02
AG
Transtar still shows it:
http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/construction/construction_report.aspx

quote:
HIGHWAY
IH-45 in Montgomery County
DESCRIPTION
Southbound from RAYFORD RD/SAWDUST RD to FM 2920. Total Closure. Closed continuously from 8:00 PM, Friday, July 17 to 6:00 AM, Monday, July 20. Detour to frontage road. [url=http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/layers/layers_ve.html?x=30.1267&y=-95.4432&z=15&lc=true][/url]
START DATE
7/17/2015

quote:
HIGHWAY
IH-45 NORTH
DESCRIPTION
Northbound from SPRING CYPRESS RD/FM 2920 to SH-99. Total Closure. Closed continuously from 8:00 PM, Friday, July 17 to 6:00 AM, Monday, July 20. Detour to frontage road. [url=http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/layers/layers_ve.html?x=30.074890&y=-95.436520&z=15&lc=true][/url]
START DATE
7/17/2015

YellAg2004
AG
Transtar should be getting updated at some point soon. I confirmed that the closure is happening the weekend of July 24th.
pnut02
AG
quote:
Transtar should be getting updated at some point soon. I confirmed that the closure is happening the weekend of July 24th.
Thanks; good to know.
TXTransplant
Yes, thank you!
dave99ag
AG
Thanks for the update, YellAg2004. I was trying to game plan how I'd get to I-10 to head to San Antonio this weekend from the Woodlands.Not a problem next weekend as I'll be in CS.
pasquale
AG
quote:
Thanks for the update, YellAg2004. I was trying to game plan how I'd get to I-10 to head to San Antonio this weekend from the Woodlands.Not a problem next weekend as I'll be in CS.
friendly advice, on Sundays after 1:00pm I-10 east back towards Houston is terrible from like Columbus to Brookshire
dave99ag
AG
Good to know.

We'll be heading back to CS via Austin on Monday. Hopefully we can get out of Austin before it gets crazy on 35 / 290.
The Wonderer
AG
If they changed the closure date, then they need to update the signs on 45. Last I saw (a day or two ago) was it would be closing the night of the 17th.
YellAg2004
AG
The closure notices have been removed from Transtar's website. I can't speak for their message boards on the road as I'm not directly involved in that project. My advice would be to call the Transtar Public Information Office and ask them why the boards are still showing this weekend's date but nothing is on the website. I can almost guarantee you that the word will get back and the boards will get changed.

713-802-5076
Agasaurus Tex
AG
FWIW, Ch. 11 traffic guy is reporting the closure is this weekend.
TXTransplant
This has gotten ridiculous. I cannot understand why it is so frickin difficult to correctly report exactly when and where the major north-south interstate for a metro area of over 6 million residents is going to be closed.
The Wonderer
AG
All signs on 45 shown the closure for next weekend. As does the 99 website.
TXTransplant
Just a bump to remind people that 45 will be closed in both directions this weekend.
yeahtoast
AG
2000 Friday through 0600 Monday, T&P to anyone needing to travel N/S
TXAG 05
AG
Of course the first time I go to DFW in 5 years, the damn highway is closed.
yeahtoast
AG
quote:
Take another 10 to learn your lesson.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
2000 Friday through 0600 Monday, T&P to anyone needing to travel N/S
Kuykendahl is going to be a nightmare this weekend.
TXTransplant
quote:

If you're coming from in town, taking the Hardy northbound should get you around it. Coming back southbound, it looks like all of the options suck. Probably the best option is to take 105 in Conroe to I-59. Or turn onto 1314 from 105 and take that to 59.
dave99ag
AG
Yep. Staying in CS this weekend. Eff that noise!

T&P to anyone around The Woodlands this weekend.
TXTransplant
Just saw there will be some closures at I-59 and 1314, too. Maybe you should just fly to Dallas if you have to go this weekend.
YellAg2004
AG
FWIW, the Hardy will be fully open in both directions. The NB, as noted above, will get you around the mess if you get on far enough south to miss the backup on 45.

Going SB, you'll be able to get on the Hardy, but you'll have to sit through the backup to get to the direct connector.
BSD
AG
quote:

Going SB, you'll be able to get on the Hardy, but you'll have to sit through the backup to get to the direct connector.

I'm not familiar with the woodlands. If I am on Woodlands Parkway and want to go south on Hardy, how do I navigate this mess?
TXTransplant
quote:
quote:

I'm not familiar with the woodlands. If I am on Woodlands Parkway and want to go south on Hardy, I do I navigate this mess?

The exit from I45 to the Hardy is just south of Woodlands Parkway. There are two exits in between...Rayford/Sawdust Rd and (IIRC) Springwoods Village. You exit right from 45S to get on the Hardy. The road closure info says 45 will be closed starting at Rayford Rd, and the Hardy exit is south of that, so I'm not exactly sure how it's going to work. There is no other way to get to the Hardy from Woodlands Pkwy. What you could do, though, is take Woodlands Pkwy to the other side of 45 (the name changes from Woodkands Pkwy to Robinson Rd once you're on the east side of 45) and cut through Oak Ridge North/Chateau Woods to Rayford Rd (which is also on the east side of 45) and take Rayford Rd to Riley Fuzzel to the Hardy.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm not familiar with the woodlands. If I am on Woodlands Parkway and want to go south on Hardy, how do I navigate this mess?
Woodlands Parkway to Gosling
Gosling south to 2920
Left on 2920 to I45
Right on I45 southbound feeder road
spider96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Woodlands Parkway to Gosling
Gosling south to 2920
Left on 2920 to I45
Right on I45 southbound feeder road
or you could take Grogans Mill to 45 and then take the 45 feeder south to the Spring Steubner entrance where they let you back on 45.
Moto Ag
AG
We had to get from Pearland to Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion last night, and here's what we would have
faced had we not planned ahead:
1. 288 to 45N entrance ramp was closed; so you couldn't take Pierce Elevated around downtown.
2. If you managed another way around downtown and back onto 45, only one lane would be open near Tidwell.
3. Then, if you made it around #1 and #2 above, you ran into the total frwy closure near Spring/99 as discussed

So...using 45 to travel North was damn near impossible. We decided to take 59N and cut over to 45 using
FM242, which hits 45 just above the Pavilion exits. It only took about 20 minutes more than if 45 had no issues at all, and we never had to slow down for any part of the route. Overall, it worked out pretty good.

And...the Earth Wind & Fire/Chicago concert was worth every bit of the trouble. The two bands joined together for a few songs at the beginning and end of the show, and they were amazing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.