Houston
Sponsored by

New (to me) Pho place in The Dirty SB

2,175 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 65532ag
DiskoTroop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any one else go to Pho Huy? Kroger shopping center Northeast corner of Hammerly and Gessner.

Numbers 16, 32, 34 and 54 FTMFW.

Place is awesome.

Ok that is all.

RIP Pho Saigon.
Furlock Bones
AG
yes, that's been a go to on this board for awhile. its definitely money on Sunday when you need something to kick a weekend of boozing.
DiskoTroop
Precisely what we're doing there today. Extra hoisin, sriracha, lime and bean sprouts with one of those shrimp/pork spring rolls and I'm right as rain.
Ragoo
AG
I go there for lunch at least once a week.
Also, I get a small #21 and #6 pork bahn mi. Sometimes the #43.
jetch17
AG
Yeah you silly dong, been a staple round these parts for a while. Sh*t, I need a fix now this week
DiskoTroop
Yeah for some reason I'm just now getting into the pho thing. Never gave it a second thought until I had my weight loss surgery last year. Now some of the old favorites don't sit so well on the old gullet. Soup seems to go real good though so I decided to give Pho another Gho. (Ha! Yeah I went there.)

Anyhow, I'm now a convert. See yall there! Look for a black Toyota Avalon with a Sam Houston emblem on it.
jetch17
AG
Good on ya, mayne

The Vietnamese egg rolls are the balls, too
GoAgs92
AG
Used to go to pho HOA near specs downtown, they had roasted garlic you could sprinkle in the pho...man that stuff was good, but you smelled like **** for 24 hours
DiskoTroop
Of course if I'm downtown I'm going to Mai's or Les Givral's...
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
Pho Huy is the best place I have found.
UndergroundAg
Spring Branch.....I didn't realize we had so many latino folk on the tine board.
Ag_07
AG
Pho Huy is solid for spring rolls and bun bowls, but if it's pho you're looking for check out Pho Luc Lac at Kempwood and Campbell (in the corner behind the Church's and next to the Mexican grocery store).

Real shady looking place that took me a while to get the gonads to try, but it's clean inside, nice people running the place, and killer pho.
drumboy
AG
quote:
o I decided to give Pho another Gho. (Ha! Yeah I went there.)

Pho and Go do not rhyme.
DiskoTroop
I know. I'm a honky ass cracker so the way I say it, it does rhyme.
DiskoTroop
quote:
Pho Huy is solid for spring rolls and bun bowls, but if it's pho you're looking for check out Pho Luc Lac at Kempwood and Campbell (in the corner behind the Church's and next to the Mexican grocery store).

Real shady looking place that took me a while to get the gonads to try, but it's clean inside, nice people running the place, and killer pho.
Been thinking about trying that one. It's a little further for me but I may try it soon.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
Spring Branch.....I didn't realize we had so many latino folk on the tine board.
did someone from Spring Branch touch you in a naughty place? Your asshurt for SB is unparalleled.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
quote:

I want to give this a shot, but hard to imagine better than Huy. Each time I tell myself I'm gonna try it, I end up backing off...1-2 times it has been because the wife thinks the area looks shady so I may give it a shot on my own this wknd.
trip
AG
Pho Hey is the best in town.

New Hampshire Ag
AG
Been going there since 09. Great pho.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I haven't lived in Houston in years, but I loved Pho Binh when I was there. I see now that its become a chain so I imagine the quality has gone down.
drumboy
AG
quote:
I haven't lived in Houston in years, but I loved Pho Binh when I was there. I see now that its become a chain so I imagine the quality has gone down.

Got some to go from the new Pho Binh on White Oak. Worst to go Pho I've ever had yet most expensive.

Disclaimer: I don't expect it to be as good to go but it's usually still good and decent portion size. This was hardly anything.
KatyAg01
AG
Hard to believe no one here likes Pho King. Shocked, I am.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
Please tell me that when you guys get pho tai, you get the meat on the side???
UndergroundAg
quote:
quote:
did someone from Spring Branch touch you in a naughty place? Your asshurt for SB is unparalleled.

I apologize if I offended you. Chill dude. Jeez.
65532ag
I didn't realize people still went to pho huy. Havent been in over a year since it went downhill.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.