Houston
Sponsored by

Question about potential child abuse

2,196 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Martin Q. Blank
TheKlamander07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you know your spouse struck one of their children leaving bruises. ... very large bruises..... what should be done to protect your kids and the spouse still suffer their consequences? (Edited for spelling)
rjamizon
Tell junior to shut his mouth
TheKlamander07
Seriously... knee jerk reaction was to call the police... but it's been a few days now. CPS came to mind but won't both spouses be in danger of losing the kids or just the one that inflicted the trauma?
swimmerbabe11
http://www.thehotline.org/
mrsbeer05
AG
My mom works for APS (adult version of CPS). She says that the parent who called (the non-hitting one) would be protecting the child and therefore the child would most likely not be removed from that parent.
Catch
AG
Damn! I thought this was going to be a discussion on how to get away with it. While I have a lot of advice on that, I have nothing to add to this.
CrossBowAg99
AG
Uhhh, Divorce

Did the kid deserve it? There ain't nothing wrong with whippin your kids ass if they really messed up. I messed up very bad a few times and had a few bruises to show for it. One of those when you dad says you are going to remember this tomorrow when you sit down. He was right and I still remember it 30 years later.

If spouse has anger issues then GTFO!
schmendeler
AG
Giving your kid bruises intentionally is never ok.
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
Agreed, you don't intend to give them bruises if you are sane. However, bruises may be necessary if they need to learn a lesson and are slow to tell you that they have learned that lesson.
jamaggie06
AG
Vernada
AG
quote:
quote:
Agreed, you don't intend to give them bruises if you are sane. However, bruises may be necessary if they need to learn a lesson and are slow to tell you that they have learned that lesson.

No. Never necessary. Never acceptable or excusable.
strohag
AG
I've got no problem with people spanking or using a belt to whip their kids. I don't want anybody pulling an Adrian Peterson but I believe in discipline. Not believing in spanking your kids is just another example of the pussification of America. Happy 4th 'Merica!
88jrt06
AG
quote:
Damn! I thought this was going to be a discussion on how to get away with it. While I have a lot of advice on that, I have nothing to add to this.

****. Not even remotely funny or clever.
88jrt06
AG
quote:
quote:

Holy crap. Pathetic.
88jrt06
AG
quote:

Did the kid deserve it? There ain't nothing wrong with whippin your kids ass if they really messed up.

Agree? No comment.
strohag
AG
quote:
quote:

Newsflash: it's catch. He's joking. You are one of the reason the Houston board absolutely blows now.
testosterbone
AG
You...are...the...worst. We hate you.
Texaggie7nine
Having worked with CASA I can say that a lot of the time CPS is a worse option than a parent that beats their kid when they act up.

If its a trend of abuse then ya get CPS involved.

And 95.... No one cares.
7nine
GoAgs92
AG
some kids bruise super easily from just rough housing so figure out what's up before you call.
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Newsflash: it's catch. He's joking. You are one of the reason the Houston board absolutely blows now.
Agree, that dood has been sniffing way too many bike seats
TheKlamander07
Thanks all!
BrazosDog02
AG
I think this thread actually answers a lot of questions for me about "What in the f--- is wrong with that kid?"

Looks like the answer is "he didn't get near the ass whippings as were necessary".
schmellba99
AG
quote:
If you know your spouse struck one of their children leaving bruises. ... very large bruises..... what should be done to protect your kids and the spouse still suffer their consequences? (Edited for spelling)

Depends completely on the situation, type of bruise, where the bruise is and past history with your spouse.

Simply because a bruise is on the kid doesn't mean that abuse was the cause - and jumping to conclusions and potentially ruining the life, career or ability to be a parent because of a wild assed guess is not the right answer.

Are we talking bruises on the butt due to a whipping for something the kid did that deserved a whipping, black eye, fist shaped bruises in the ribcage, bruises from the kid running away to avoid a spanking? There are a hundred different scenarios that it could be. You are leaving way too much to the imagination.

There is a difference between physical discipline and abuse - make sure you are not crossing the line between the two. Abuse is bad. Discipline is a good thing that is sorely missing on the vast majority of the ****heads that are being raised by the internet and crappy parents these days.
LawAg05
AG
quote:
quote:

Depends completely on the situation, type of bruise, where the bruise is and past history with your spouse.

Simply because a bruise is on the kid doesn't mean that abuse was the cause - and jumping to conclusions and potentially ruining the life, career or ability to be a parent because of a wild assed guess is not the right answer.

Are we talking bruises on the butt due to a whipping for something the kid did that deserved a whipping, black eye, fist shaped bruises in the ribcage, bruises from the kid running away to avoid a spanking? There are a hundred different scenarios that it could be. You are leaving way too much to the imagination.

There is a difference between physical discipline and abuse - make sure you are not crossing the line between the two. Abuse is bad. Discipline is a good thing that is sorely missing on the vast majority of the ****heads that are being raised by the internet and crappy parents these days.
Flaith
AG
The only bruises I received were long and belt-shaped across my ass.
Martin Q. Blank
Be an American. Call it in.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.