Houston
Sponsored by

blinds/shutters company

2,744 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Diggity
Madmarttigan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any recommendations? Moving into a new place and will need to get all of our windows done.
agcivengineer
AG
Sunburst.
Ags #1
AG
I read blind/****ters company
IDaggie06
AG
What part of the city?

My sister runs cypressdiscountblinds.com They do roughly 90% shutters. She sells a ton of them and is very good.
Madmarttigan
AG
It would be inside the loop but more so a wood blinds purchase than shutters. We are considering shutters for a few front windows, maybe more depending on the price.

And Ags#1 due to the nature of the tine board, I tried to make sure I spelled it correctly lol.
Madmarttigan
AG
On a separate question, does anyone have experience installing their own shutters? If so, was it worth it? What company did you use and is there much of a difference between faux wood and real wood?
SnowboardAg
AG
I used blinds.com and measured and installed all 2" faux wood blinds in our home, which was a custom home. This was a cheap and effective route for us, and they looked great when we sold it. No experience with shutters, but at least quote anyone against blinds.com as blinds seen to be a highly marked up to me. They're not hard to install.
SnowboardAg
AG
Should have said I spent about $1600 on 32 windows for blinds.
redag06
Greater Houston Blinds-Toby- 281-235-0852
aelkins12
AG
I'm an Ag class of '12 and I work for Blinds.com. Great Houston company (that ships nationwide) with all U.S. based employees.

Installing shutters on your own can be a little tricky, but if you're handy you should be able to manage just fine. If you want to make your life a little simpler, we have a network of installers who can do it for you.

As far as wood vs. faux wood - Wood blinds or shutters can be vulnerable to warping and cracking when they're in super humid spaces like the kitchen or bathroom or subject to varying temperatures. We recommend sticking to faux wood in those spaces. Faux wood can also be lighter for large windows and is often less expensive.

I could tell you tons more if you have specific questions, but I don't want to drone on and on.

If you want me to connect you with one of our designers, drop me a line at pr@blinds.com.
sawemoffshort07
AG
Have used blinds.com and budgetblinds.com. Both are good, and if you are even close to being semi-handy, its easy.
AggieJoji
AG
I just bought a house in the heights. I put plantation shutters downstairs and blinds everywhere else. Guy was friendly and helpful. Cost me about 2500 for all of it including installation. His name is Jeff 832-276-1226.
AMW2010
AG
Ron Austin Discount Blinds

Ask for Henry
281-389-9502

Free estimates.
keysercade
AG
We just used blinds.com as well, 14 windows ended up being ~$800 for the 2.5" premium faux wood style. Easy to put up yourself once you get the hang of it.
aelkins12
AG
It's great to see so many Blinds.com fans out there! Thanks all + let me know if you ever need help! I'll make sure you're getting the best deal on your next order.
sawemoffshort07
AG
Good to know. Will probably have a couple blind orders coming in the next couple months.
Diggity
AG
how many windows did you put shutters/blinds on?
SnowboardAg
AG
quote:
It's great to see so many Blinds.com fans out there! Thanks all + let me know if you ever need help! I'll make sure you're getting the best deal on your next order.

I'm going to take you up on this. In the process of looking for our next home and we will most likely need them again. I'm sold on blinds.com for the value!
Sazerac
AG
budget blinds quoted me $1310 for 3 medium sized shutters (already have shutters on other windows). Doesn't that seem pretty high?

They also quoted >$600 for 11 solar screens (3 on 2nd story). LoneStar solar quoted $350, though they do have slightly inferior frames (3/4" plastic corners vs. 1" mitred).
TX_AG_10
AG
I just ordered some blinds last week. 2" deluxe faux wood. Bought them from Blindster when they were having a 20% off dad/grad sale. Ended up getting 13 windows for $600 said and done. I would buy from them again.
AggieJoji
AG
6 windows with shutters, and 7 with blinds. One of the blinds was the black out kind.
Diggity
AG
That's really cheap. These were wooden plantation style shutters?

I would love the guys contact info.
AggieJoji
AG
Diggity, i will send you the quote that I got. What is your email?
Diggity
AG
scottrose@intownhouston.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.