Houston
Sponsored by

*****Official Great Flood of Houston Thread*****

97,498 Views | 561 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Jaydoug
Boats and Hose
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Anyone going into work today? I need to make it to Westheimer and Gessner but that looks like a no go at the moment.

Looks good to me. Just drove by it.
fire09
AG
Its the intersection at bw8 and i10 at the underpass, where there was about 5 ft of water. Grabbed it off of khou.
Bondag
AG
quote:
Download the "Waze" app. It gives you fairly good intel on road conditions because it has community based updates.
Doesnt work if no one is on the road with power to phone.
cajunaggie08
AG
Sorry for the mess everyone. My wife's water broke last night. Cajunaggie37 is coming today.
OnlyForNow
Ryan the Temp
AG
METRO bus service is suspended today.

HISD is closed.

City of Houston may shut down non-essential services, but we don't know yet.
Texaggie7nine
One reported fatality from flooding on 45.
7nine
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Wtf, do people with kayaks just fantasize about flooding all year? Soon as the Sun breaks they're out there styling for the cameras.
sts7049
AG
i'm enjoying watching britta today. she doesn't sound nearly as dumb as katherine.
zap
AG
quote:
quote:
Download the "Waze" app. It gives you fairly good intel on road conditions because it has community based updates.
Doesnt work if no one is on the road with power to phone.
It's better than nothing. I used it to avoid some high water this morning during my commute.
Aggielandma12
AG
quote:
Sorry for the mess everyone. My wife's water broke last night. Cajunaggie37 is coming today.

So your wife is behind all this water?
cajunaggie08
AG
quote:
quote:

So your wife is behind all this water?

Yea........sorry yall
IrishTxAggie
AG
I think we're neighbors... I'm at Braeswood Park Dr. across from the Kroger at Kirby and Main.
Wife is an Aggie
Took wife over 2 hrs to get from sienna plantation to AIG buildings leaving at 6am... Only for me to show up to daycare with our daughter & find out it's closed. Now she has to drive home as I have meetings I can't miss today & Internet is out at the house. She sent me some crazy pics of cars/roads flooded. Hopefully my drive into work (Westchase) isn't bad.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
Took wife over 2 hrs to get from sienna plantation to AIG buildings leaving at 6am... Only for me to show up to daycare with our daughter & find out it's closed. Now she has to drive home as I have meetings I can't miss today & Internet is out at the house. She sent me some crazy pics of cars/roads flooded. Hopefully my drive into work (Westchase) isn't bad.

Utterly mind-blowing how some people can see the news, and still think they're more important than millions of other people in the same boat.
OnlyForNow
AG
Meetings you can't miss? In Houston? I'm pretty sure most travel in and around Houston is completely FUBAR so I'm betting your meetings don't happen.

Why risk it? Stay home and call in.
KW02
AG
quote:
Left at 6:30 from Sienna. Took wife to work in Greenway as we left a car there over the weekend to go out of town. Made it to Greenway then to the Galleria in about hour and half. Was not bad.
DuncanAg
AG
Co-worker just emailed me and said his wife is in labor with their 2nd child and he lives in Fulscher with Dr in the medical center. He's thinking he might be delivering at Memorial City Herman.
Ryan the Temp
AG
At least you didn't have scheduled vacation today and get to cancel said vacation day because you had to come in to work to deal with the aftermath of last night.
DCC99
AG
Anyone know if Westpark Tollway at Post Oak Blvd is clear yet?
et98
AG
quote:
How the hell did she even get to the AIG buildings? Isn't that area under water?
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:
How the hell did she even get to the AIG buildings? Isn't that area under water?
The D'Amico side is clear.
OnlyForNow
AG
He should go to Sugar Land. Seriously. You have to cross Buffalo Bayou to get to MC Herman from Fulshear.
DCC99
AG
quote:
He should go to Sugar Land. Seriously. You have to cross Buffalo Bayou to get to MC Herman from Fulshear.
Or just go to Memorial on I-10 in Katy. Easier to get to, and closer to Fulshear.
combat wombat™
AG
I'm almost to work. No problems yet.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
quote:

Utterly mind-blowing how some people can see the news, and still think they're more important than millions of other people in the same boat.
You don't understand.... I'm really important.
7nine
Bondag
AG
It amazes me people that are trying to drive across town. Just because your area is ok, does not mean you wont encounter high water somewhere on your route. Not to mention you are just getting in the way of tow trucks trying to clear the roads that are now open.

If you can't remote in and work from home then chances are you do not have a job that really needs you today anyways.
GE
AG
quote:
quote:
I don't follow your logic at all. Because he and his wife decided to go into work, they somehow think they are more important than millions of other people?
onceaggie
AG
Made it in fine
rilloaggie
AG
So the flood is the biggest news but I am pretty sure we had a tornado or something close to it at Eldridge and Briarforest. We were sitting watching the weather when all of the sudden we could no longer see out the window. Looked like we were in a cloud and the trees we could see were whipping around like mad. Took these photos this morning. There is a self storage place that just got built and I could see sheet metal blowing around on the first level.

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I saw a 6' gator in the bar ditch on Red Bluff coming in this morning.
RK
AG
once I got past the 3' of water in the neighborhood intersections, the rest of the commute on 59 to downtown was the best I've ever had.
Satellite of Love
Breas bayou and the people on either side of it in Meyerland are fooked. Drove over the 610/S. Post Oak entrance ramp and holy crap is there water everywhere. Idiots were out and about to stop and take pictures on top of the overpass AND THEN turn around to drive the wrong way down South Post Oak to get back home. Effin tards.
Texaggie7nine
up to 3 dead found in cars so far.
7nine
Wife is an Aggie
quote:
Meetings you can't miss? In Houston? I'm pretty sure most travel in and around Houston is completely FUBAR so I'm betting your meetings don't happen.

Why risk it? Stay home and call in.

our internet is not working, and my meetings that I run today include people from all over the world. My other meeting is a quarterly business review is with people based out of Denver. If my internet was working, I could run them from home but cannot. Not saying I have some super important job it is what it is.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.