Houston
Sponsored by

*****Official Great Flood of Houston Thread*****

97,375 Views | 561 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Jaydoug
Dan Scott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just made it home after sitting on 59 for 7 hours
Dr. Horrible
quote:
http://i.imgur.com/vKbWkh0.jpg

I45 at some point last night
That has to be one of the craziest pictures I've ever seen...
Post removed:
by user
bedofbrass33
AG
South Braeswood runs along the north side of my complex and we are just west of Kirby. Luckily we are built up about 3 feet. This was at 6am.

MaysAggie2015

Buffalo Bayou just before it goes under Voss. WAY out of its banks.
gougler08
AG
I saw 2 cars stall out in front of me last night trying to get home (Montrose area) around 10:30 last night...and I know it just got worse, I was lucky to get home when I did
Dan Scott
AG
It's weird out there right now. Abandoned cars all over Westheimer and post oak

Here's the only pic from 59 I could get before my phone died. The Richmond 610 intersection was completely flooded with water going up the Best Buy doors.

MaysAggie2015
How far up the Best Buy doors? Were the apartments along Mccue flooded?
zap
AG
I am selling a gently used 2011 F-150. I just had the carpets cleaned, that's why they're damp. PM me.
sts7049
PoopKing
AG
Haha
skippythemagnificent
AG
Dill-Ag13
AG
You laugh... Texas Direct is soon to be flooded with "lightly used" vehicles.
Hwy30East
Not even going to try to go into the office today. No sleep last night, it was rough in SL. I don't ever remember seeing so much lightning like that.
Bondag
AG
I am on an island it appears. Fortunately my street falls off about 50 feet towards I-10. I have about 20-25 feet left.
MaysAggie2015
Updated:

Buffalo Bayou went as high as I've ever seen it. We are built up 40ft....

Where it finally has stopped:

gougler08
AG

Here's the view of the bayou from Montrose Blvd...Allen Parkway is under there somewhere
Dr. Faustus
AG
Just got my power back after 8 hours of it being out.
Jaydoug
AG
quote:

Here's the view of the bayou from Montrose Blvd...Allen Parkway is under there somewhere

Any dead bats floating downstream from Waugh bridge?
CheeseSndwch
Anyone going into work today? I need to make it to Westheimer and Gessner but that looks like a no go at the moment.
Gig-Em2003
AG
How long will it take for all of this water to clear? Roads passable by tonight?
SlackerAg
AG
Not going to risk it. It always turns out worse than it seems.
fire09
AG
Work at town and country/bw8. Sent boss the pic of that intersection, and now our Houston office has a rain day. Im going to take my plane up this morning and see if I can get some good shots of the reservoirs and the flooding, assuming I can get to the airport.
zap
AG
Download the "Waze" app. It gives you fairly good intel on road conditions because it has community based updates.
MrJonMan
AG
In Cypress, Ton of rain but thank god I had my yard drains cleaned last week. About to head out to Katy for work....should be fun getting around today
Aggielandma12
AG
quote:
Work at town and country/bw8. Sent boss the pic of that intersection, and now our Houston office has a rain day. Im going to take my plane up this morning and see if I can get some good shots of the reservoirs and the flooding, assuming I can get to the airport.

What pic? My office is at I-10 and bunker hill
gordo97
AG
quote:
and vice squad. Yes I was. Ole boy from vice squad kept pissing in the sink downstairs ha. That was the first time I hung out "backstage" at fitz. We're you there as well?

Me and my buddy had tickets but I had to leave town last minute for work so I didn't make it. He was there for the whole show and left after it was over only to spend the night sleeping in Denny's somewhere on I-10
FourAggies
AG
Briar Forest around BW 8 is a weaving one lane road as you dodge all the abandoned cars.
Al Bula
AG
Shepherd Forest here, east side of Ella. My street never flooded but I lost power around 11 last night. Still off, but it's a beatific day outside. My yard barely has any standing water.
GE
AG
quote:
Anyone going into work today? I need to make it to Westheimer and Gessner but that looks like a no go at the moment.
Which direction are you coming from? I left Katy at 5:50 and made it to the Post Oak and San Felipe intersection around 7:45
gougler08
AG
quote:
quote:

Any dead bats floating downstream from Waugh bridge?
There were a lot of bubbles coming up so I assume there's something down there...didn't have enough balls to kayak in it like a couple folks I saw
agmatt06
AG
Fortunately my street doesn't flood in Westbury, but the streets around mine sure do....Belfort was not drivable this morning.
GE
AG
Abandoned cars all over the road all the way down Richmond from Gessner. Dumpster just sitting in the middle of the road on Post Oak Lane north of San Felipe.
zgood10
AG
quote:
Briar Forest around BW 8 is a weaving one lane road as you dodge all the abandoned cars.
My office is right there. Glad I'm not going in today.
OnlyForNow
AG
Not too bad out in Sugar Land/Richmond.

Hope y'all stay safe and dry!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.