Houston
Sponsored by

Good breakfast places around Columbus?

1,541 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by sixbarag
randy828
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations? Will be driving to SA on Saturday morning and am planning on stopping for breakfast around Columbus.

Is Schoebel's good and still there?

Thanks
JYDog90
AG
Heard good things about Franks but never eaten there.
DiskoTroop
Franks in Schulenburg.
Al Bula
AG
another vote for Franks
TXAG 05
AG
Another for Franks. Haven't been there in a really long time, but it was always good. Only about 20 min past Columbus
drumboy
AG
Franks. 3 egg breakfast for like $3.99.
CrossBowAg99
AG
I had a really good fried chicken lunch at franks a few years ago
Miles Finch
Schobels
The Original AG 76
AG
Been stopping at Franks for decades. Also can pick up some great bakery goods on the way out.
Aggie65
AG
My recommendation is made to order breakfast tacos/burritos at Buc-cee's at the Luling exit.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Buc-ees uses ****ty processed tortillas for their tacos. Just pass Luling and go to SA for a decent taco.
CrossBowAg99
AG
If I am in lulling for breakfast I am eating Bucees sausage or ham KOLACHES

The tacos I have had there are terrible
pasquale
AG
Kountry Bakery in schulenburg. Get you some real kolaches
blinnboy83
Kountry Bakery. Tried it for the first time last week and it was legit.
chiken
AG
I think there's a McDonalds in Columbus!!!
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Not Columbus, but if you are ever in Seguin, Las Palmas has badass tacos and salsa.

They are extremely money coming off a weekend on the Guadalupe. Plus they are 24 hours

Man, I want one right now
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Hruskas is not too far. Pan sausage, jalapeno and cheese kolache all mf'ing day.
DavidAg02
quote:
Hruskas is not too far. Pan sausage, jalapeno and cheese kolache all mf'ing day.
Hruskas is amazing. Been going there for years when I drive between Houston and Austin. Best kolaches I've ever had, anywhere. It's only about a 10 minute drive north on 71 from Columbus.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
quote:
EOT!
AGeng25
AG
quote:
quote:
Hruskas is amazing. Been going there for years when I drive between Houston and Austin. Best kolaches I've ever had, anywhere. It's only about a 10 minute drive north on 71 from Columbus.
Anyone else ever notice that shack on the east side of hwy 71 between columbus and Hruska's (would be on the right when going towards Hruska's) that has the big sign that says "ID CARDS HERE" or something like that? I've always wondered what in the hell is going on there. Fake IDs? Doubtful. Are they asking people driving by on a whim to stop and get a few business ID cards from a shack on the highway? Well I don't know...
randy828
AG
thanks for the suggestions. I haven't had good kolaches in a long time. I am getting hungry.
sixbarag
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Anyone else ever notice that shack on the east side of hwy 71 between columbus and Hruska's (would be on the right when going towards Hruska's) that has the big sign that says "ID CARDS HERE" or something like that? I've always wondered what in the hell is going on there. Fake IDs? Doubtful. Are they asking people driving by on a whim to stop and get a few business ID cards from a shack on the highway? Well I don't know...

I've wondered that same thing for the last 10 years when I've been driving by on my way to ranch in Smithville.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.