Houston
Sponsored by

City Park development off 288

5,541 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Satellite of Love
Waltonloads08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.cityparkhouston.com/

anyone know anything about it? seems like Fall Creek without the nice golf course.
CrossBowAg99
AG
Property taxes are really high

Terrible hisd schools

Tiny lots
redag06
Seems like Fall Creek? Have you ever been to Fall Creek. The largest lots this place will have is the SMALLEST lots in Fall Creek, not to mention those 3 builders are garbage.
Martin Q. Blank

That circle reminds me of Zimmerman's hood.
quote:
Volunteers Wanted for Neighborhood events, Citizens on Patrol and Block Captains
Families of a particular descent...

Right on the other side of 288 is families of another descent...
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Holy crap that place will be terrible.
dummble
AG
I used to cut through that neighborhood going from SCR to downtown.

It backs up to Almeda Genoa and there are no delineation, it just becomes new builds all of a sudden. Very small lots and the green ways are not kept up as far as crab grass. All the paths are asphalt. Very few trees.

Living there is practically Pearland. Move to SCR or Silverlake.
Waltonloads08
AG
quote:
Seems like Fall Creek? Have you ever been to Fall Creek. The largest lots this place will have is the SMALLEST lots in Fall Creek, not to mention those 3 builders are garbage.

lolno, because OTL.
DCC99
AG
To be fair, it's situated pretty well, geographically (relative to proximity to med center, 610, the city in general). That side of the city has so much potential, but so much garbage.

The developer of City Park is actually really good, but yeah, I'd stay far away from any hood with homes starting in the 110s.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
seems like Fall Creek without the nice golf course.
try again. more like el barrio de parque ciudad.
Waltonloads08
AG
OK, so its Mexican Fall Creek?
Al Bula
AG
More info on this area. Developers want to bring in commercial/retail and transform this "food desert."

Food desert is PC for "ghetto."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/columnists/sarnoff/article/Infrastructure-projects-target-food-desert-6497012.php

quote:
Infrastructure projects target 'food desert' south of Loop 610

An economic development tool known as a 380 agreement is being used to fund some $18 million worth of infrastructure and roadway improvements along a stretch of Texas 288 designed to attract grocery stores, restaurants and other shops to a part of Houston that has virtually no commercial development.

Retailers have avoided the area between Orem Drive and Almeda-Genoa because Texas 288 doesn't have any access roads running parallel to its main lanes, said land developer Sam Yager III of Sam Yager Inc., which is developing the City Park residential project in the area.

He said the city is losing potential tax revenue to Pearland because of the infrastructure limitations that have left the area between Loop 610 South and Beltway 8 with no commercial development.

"This is a food desert," he said. "There are all these residents who live out here in an area not as high end as some of the other areas of town. There needs to be some action taken in order to incentivize businesses to come down to serve all these residents."

Yager said 10,000 houses have been built in the area over the last decade. Some of them are in City Park, a 624 acre housing community. More than 1,815 homes are planned for the development, of which 1,311 have been built and are occupied. There are also hundreds of apartments and land planned for additional multifamily, retail, office, and other uses.

Two 380 agreements were finalized in late 2013 between the city of Houston and Municipal Utility District 390, which was set up to serve the City Park area. The first bonds are about to be sold to finance the initial infrastructure work. The MUD will finance the projects and later be reimbursed by additional taxes generated in the area. "This is the kickoff of all the development," Yager said.

Construction will likely start early next year and it could take several years before all the improvements are made.

The improvements include:

Extending Orem Drive to Cullen on the east side of Texas 288.

Extending Cityscape Avenue from Orem to Almeda-Genoa on the east side of Texas 288.

Extending Kirby to the city's amateur sports complex on the north side of Sims Bayou.

Roads on either side of Texas 288 will parallel the freeway from Orem to Almeda-Genoa.

The roadway expansions are going outside the MUD's boundaries to connect through other properties. "This is part of a regional mobility plan that serves people outside of our project," Yager said. "There were a lot of win-wins here."
TriAg2010
AG
I've always found it strange how you cross 610 and it becomes a ghost town until you get to Pearland. It's almost creepy. I'm glad they're finally looking at some infrastructure to stimulate development. Lack of a frontage road along 288 can't help things.

But unfortunately this development does look like total crap. Homes with three walls of aluminum siding will be rundown in no time.
Clavell
AG
Are there any good areas between 610 and Beltway 8 to live? Always wondered why.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I always assumed it had something to do with all the Superfund sites and landfills. Look up the history of the Brio site.

And of course there are ghettos in the other direction. The gulf of development is what drives growth in Pearland. The people who are moving down to Silverlake to raise little Aiden and Braiden, and Caden want a nice big buffer between Paradise and the Third Ward or Sunnyside.

Just for variety one day when I was working on a project in Pearland, I got sick of 288 and took the old route up Cullen all the way into Houston. Getting off the freeway and driving through the neighborhoods will help you understand why most people in Pearland are happy to keep development moving South.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I almost left the city to go work for the developer.
schmellba99
AG
I drive down Airport most every day going from the office to 288 - there is a reason why that area is devoid of any actual investment in retail, food, etc. - and that is because it's a fugskin ghetto and anything resembling development is going to get robbed blind while it is being built, and will get robbed blind after it is built and up and attempting to run like a normal civilized business.

If Pearland were smart, they'd promote this though in hopes that the much shorter commute to the local place to rob will stiffle the petty crime that generally comes from the north to Pearland businesses off of Broadway on a daily basis.
ADMTZ
WOW! Is this what Ol'Ags talk about in TAMU associated forums?

ADMTZ
RPM said:

Quote:

Is this comment meant to be funny?
Finn Maccumhail
AG
ADMTZ said:

RPM said:

Quote:

Who's sock is resurrecting a thread from 2 and half years ago?
Al Bula
AG
ADMTZ said:

RPM said:

Quote:

Well, did you laugh?
ADMTZ
Finn Maccumhail said:

ADMTZ said:

RPM said:

Quote:

Howdy Just A Fellow Ag!
ADMTZ
RPM said:

ADMTZ said:

RPM said:

Quote:

Well, did you laugh?
Would you if someone wrote things like this about where you lived?
Finn Maccumhail
AG
ADMTZ said:

Finn Maccumhail said:

ADMTZ said:

RPM said:

Quote:

Howdy Just A Fellow Ag!

Who has 3 total posts, all on this thread, and went to the trouble to resurrect a threat that hadn't been posted on since late 2015?

Martin Q. Blank
ADMTZ said:

RPM said:

ADMTZ said:

RPM said:

Quote:

Well, did you laugh?
Would you if someone wrote things like this about where you lived?
Hola socio Aggie!
ADMTZ
Finn Maccumhail said:

ADMTZ said:

Finn Maccumhail said:

ADMTZ said:

RPM said:

Quote:

Howdy Just A Fellow Ag!

Who has 3 total posts, all on this thread, and went to the trouble to resurrect a threat that hadn't been posted on since late 2015?

Just found the site Ol'Ag...
Waltonloads08
AG
ADMTZ said:

Finn Maccumhail said:

ADMTZ said:

Finn Maccumhail said:

ADMTZ said:

RPM said:

Quote:

Howdy Just A Fellow Ag!

Just found the site Ol'Ag...

So.......

How is the neighborhood? Tell me all about it. This is MY thread after all...these years.
Diggity
AG
I often vanity search my neighborhood on google and take up for it on various websites.

Is that not common?
Aggie Rick
AG
This ADMTZ troll is not near as funny as the sock who fellates Ruben Galvan.

(disclaimer if real poster change 'troll' to 'dewsh')

edit - correctly spelled dewsh gets *****
@Aggie_Rick
Satellite of Love
Meng, I thought RTT was back, but then I saw the date of his post. Poor one out for that loco cholo.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.