Houston
Sponsored by

Houston Traffic Attorney - Your Experience

5,138 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
cohibasymas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good Afternoon,

I received a traffic ticket for "failure to control speed" which resulted in a very minor fender bender. Because there was an accident, the City of Hunters Creek Village says that I MUST show up for court; they will not automatically allow for defensive driving, and that I'll have to speak to a prosecutor.

Has anyone hired a traffic attorney for this? What was the process like? Would you hire the attorney again?

I'm just apprehensive to talk to a prosecutor or judge without an attorney present.

Thanks in advance,

-Kris
The Original AG 76
AG
Paul Kubosh
Panama Red
AG
Steve Susman
Texan76
quote:
Steve Susman
Nice!
Sazerac
AG
I finally tried one of these for a speeding ticket. $50 for representation.
All they did was reset all of their cases to a new date. You still had to show up on the date. For the officers who didn't show, those cases were dismissed. Everyone else was set to go to trial that day unless you wanted to do standard DD, DA, or pay the fine.

Seemed like about 1/2 got flat dismissed, so it's a coin flip.

I lost that coin flip...so a waste of $50 as they do nothing else for you.
WES2006AG
AG
quote:
Good Afternoon,

I received a traffic ticket for "failure to control speed" which resulted in a very minor fender bender. Because there was an accident, the City of Hunters Creek Village says that I MUST show up for court; they will not automatically allow for defensive driving, and that I'll have to speak to a prosecutor.

Has anyone hired a traffic attorney for this? What was the process like? Would you hire the attorney again?

I'm just apprehensive to talk to a prosecutor or judge without an attorney present.

Thanks in advance,

-Kris

This particular municipality is particularly hard to deal with. There should be no reason you can't request a simple defensive driving without appearing in person.
cohibasymas
AG
quote:
quote:
Good Afternoon,

Thanks in advance,

-Kris

This particular municipality is particularly hard to deal with. There should be no reason you can't request a simple defensive driving without appearing in person.
I was shocked. "It's the law" said the woman on the phone; "you have to come in and see the prosecutor."

I actually just hung up the phone with a traffic attorney in Houston; they refuse cases in Hunter's Creek because of the prosecutor. Good lord do I expect the firing squad or what?
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
for Houston I know sometimes Kubosh, Sullo and "The Ticket Attorney (Eustler)" use the same lawyer in court.

I would call one of those three as they seem to be the standard in Houston, but good luck with the villages...
CrossBowAg99
AG
I used to live in bunker hill and got a ticket for doing like 68 in a 30 on memorial. I had to go to court because it was over 25 mph above speed limit. Maybe they were easy on me because I was a resident, but the prosecutor asked what I wanted to do and I said give me deffered and they said no problem. I honestly thought they would have dismissed it if I would have asked, but I was drunk as a skunk when I got pulled over so I was happy to pay the ticket.

Needless to say the prosecutor was very easy to deal with and I would not hesitate to talk to them. Basically 90% of the people in the court were illegals that got popped for no insurance.
AggieEquestrian09
AG
I recently got 2 speeding tickets in one week. I got Michael Stoll to help me with them and so far he got on dismissed! and we had to move my other court date due to traveling.. but he has been wonderful! highly recommend!
BR2024
AG
This happened to me in Corpus, I showed up asked for deferred adjudication and was on my way.
Al Bula
AG
i have received speeding tickets in Montgomery and Brazoria Counties before. this hits close to home.
UndergroundAg
quote:
I recently got 2 speeding tickets in one week. I got Michael Stoll to help me with them and so far he got on dismissed! and we had to move my other court date due to traveling.. but he has been wonderful! highly recommend!

How much does he charge? Also, contact info?
George08
AG
Call Michael Stoll at 222-0600. He is an Aggie and a good guy.
Echoes97
AG
Sprecher has gotten me out of more tickets than I can count. Though it does take multiple trips to court, not fun.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
84AGEC
AG
First. Slow down.
MichaelJ
AG
second...stop texting and driving...

and in my experience, with hiring a traffic lawyer...they have gotten the ticket dismissed every time... once i had gotten two tickets...one for the sticker I think...and they didnt dismiss that one...but the speeding ticket has been dismissed every time.
Diggity
AG
How's it work...if they don't end up getting it dismissed, can you still take DD?
MichaelJ
AG
yes...if for some reason your ticket does not get dismissed...you still get the options to defer or take Safety
agz win
AG
Got two tickets within a few weeks and learned my lesson awhile back.

I recommend a Valentine One.

http://www.valentine1.com/
Post removed:
by user
Diggity
AG
But you can hang out with these colorful characters!

Post removed:
by user
agnatgas
AG
Loved Markie Post

Sazerac
AG
your ticket only gets dismissed if the officer doesn't show. That's why the good ticket lawyers get court dates rescheduled. they want to increase the chances of your officer not being there.
you can do the same yourself btw (at least showing and hope the officer doesn't). but the prosecutor can also ask for a rescheduling if they don't show...which they may do if you don't have representation (they don't try that with a traffic attorney).

if the officer shows you can take it to trial (usually that day), ask for deferred, take DD, or pay it. In these cases you just wasted $50 on the traffic attorney.

I've gotten out of 2 myself by the officer not showing or having to leave before my trial started.

I paid a traffic attorney last year and it didn't work out. A bunch of the people on their list got dismissed....except for 5 of us where the officer showed to the rescheduled court date. I did deferred but was still out the extra $50.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
I was pulled over in a stop sign sting with multiple cops.

Mine got dismissed because the attorney asked, "do you want to go to trial, the cop "she" showed up?"

ABSO****INGLUTLY the cop that wrote me a ticket was a dude.

Ticket dismissed before trial.
Texaggie7nine
I just got back from traffic court with my case dismissed. Had 10mph over violation on BW8 and failure to change address on lisc.

Used Markowitz law firm http://thetrafficticketman.com/ and it cost me $100. Well worth it.
7nine
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.