Houston
Sponsored by

HPD office killed early this morning

6,580 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AgDC
dubi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It is with heavy hearts that we announce we have lost one of our own in the line of duty. Officer Richard Martin was struck and killed by a suspect vehicle during a pursuit. He was a 4-year veteran of HPD.
Suspect is in custody.

Please keep Officer Martin's family and the men and women of HPD in your thoughts and prayers.
KDubAg
AG
Heard the news from my brother. RIP officer. Hope the suspect goes straight to hell quickly.
tmaggies
AG
Prayers....
aTm2004
AG
T&P.

Matt Patrick has the head of the police union on this morning and he stated that they suspect he was intentionally hit.
DuncanAg
AG
Prayers for the family and the HPD family. This happened very close to where we live. Word is his was trying to deploy spike strips and was intentionally hit.

Kujo30
AG
T&P
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
Terrible. Didnt realize this is what was causing the jam on Kirkwood on the drive in this morning. I thought it was just a couple carnies that got into a fender bender. Now i feel like an *******.

T&P to the officer and his family, especially the young son. Heartbreaking.
T Durden
AG
Channel two said the suspect is now in the hospital with a self inflicted gun shot wound.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Channel two said the suspect is now in the hospital with a self inflicted gun shot wound.
I hope that mother ****er lives so he can face some Texas justice.
new straw
Can I blue star this 100 times?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
DuncanAg
AG
Please consider making a donation to the 100 Club Survivors Fund (www.100club.org). Money donated to this fund go directly to families of first responders who are killed in the line of duty. The 100 Club does an amazing job helping these families out as unfortunately I have witnessed first hand.

98Ag99Grad
AG
quote:
quote:
I hope that mother ****er lives so he can face some Texas justice.
If justice was immediate, I'd agree, however lets save some money and time and hope this POS just go ahead and dies where he is.
DPS AG
AG
nemo me impune lacessit
Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve.
T Durden
AG
It was local news...has anyone confirmed that the story was accurate? About the self inflicted gun shot wound?
dubi
AG
quote:
It was local news...has anyone confirmed that the story was accurate? About the self inflicted gun shot wound?
I believe it to be true. My son was there on the scene.
Ag of Enlightenment
AG
Officer Martin was killed in the Line of Duty while protecting and serving the citizens of Houston. He was attempting to stop a vehicle stolen in an aggravated robbery by a suspect with a lengthy criminal history. The suspect intentionally struck Officer Martin and he was killed instantly.

Officer Martin leaves behind a wife and 2 children. I knew him, not too well, but we were in the same shift for a while, I remember he always had a smile on his face. He will be missed.

NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT

ps-yes, please consider donating to the 100 Club.
David_Puddy
AG
Man, tough to hear. T&P for his family
dubi
AG
quote:

ps-yes, please consider donating to the 100 Club.

I will be making a donation!
exp
AG
Absolutely horrible. I thank him and his family for his service. T&P for the family.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Suspect died.

http://abc13.com/730337/
aTm2004
RK
AG
about 15 years too late.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
Suspect died.

hope that POS rots in hell
98Ag99Grad
AG
nvm, Names mixed-up.
dubi
AG
quote:
Suspect died.

I am thankful the family does not have to endure a trial.
wessimo
AG
quote:
Suspect died.

I'm glad he saved taxpayers the expense of a trial and decades of room and board.
BMX Bandit
I'd prefer the state kill him rather than him getting to make that decision
wessimo
AG
Yeah but is that worth millions of dollars to you?
dubi
AG
quote:
I'd prefer the state kill him rather than him getting to make that decision

The average cost to put a person on death row is upwards of $5m and most stay on death row more than 20 years with appeals. I really think this is better for society and the family.
DustysLineup
AG
Interesting point. We dont usually think about the years of trials, hearings and letter writing that the families go through.
BMX Bandit
That $5 million is an extreme misleadig figure. If there was no death penalty, the costs of our legal system would only decrease by the price of the lethal drugs.

But yes, it's worth the money to give the ultimate punishment to some
dubi
AG
quote:
If there was no death penalty, the costs of our legal system would only decrease by the price of the lethal drugs.

I disagree.

Death penalty has certain mandatory appeal processes where we pay for both the prosecution and the public defender. So that would be a huge decrease in legal costs.
BMX Bandit
People sentenced to life are also appealing.

This POS didn't deserve the option of choosing when to die.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
The appeals process is ridiculously expensive and often drawn out for long periods of time for
no logical reason. I had an uncle in HPD who was killed 30+ years ago and his killer is still wasting oxygen after all these years. There needs to be a mandatory deadline from date of original verdict for any appeals or re-trial.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.