Houston
Sponsored by

Pool Company?

2,595 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Sooper Jeenyus
TexAg2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are looking to put in a pool and outdoor kitchen and wondering if anybody has a recommendation for a company to use? Thanks!
bigjag19
AG
What part of town?
TexAg2004
AG
Good point. We live in Bellaire.
DiskoTroop
Check out Watts Pools on I-10 at the Beltway. Know the owner personally. Great guy and great company.
CrossBowAg99
AG
Platinum pools
aggiedent
AG
The owner of Creekstone Outdoors posts on here. His name is Sam.

www.creekstoneoutdoors.com

Platinum Pools did ours but I hesitate to recommend them. Yes they built a great pool but we had 2 issues.
First, two supervisors were fired during our build so we constantly worked with a different guy.
The second issue was much more significant to me but would take too much time to go into all the details. I'll keep it short by condensing it to this. Whoever enters the payments into their software made a mistake.

Basically they thought I owed an additional $625 dollars when I didn't. They noticed this after I had paid for 80% of the pool and made every payment on time. Did they call me to talk it over? No. They put my pool on hold for 2 weeks before the "concierge" called and told an unsuspecting me if I didn't pay the balance they would not finish the pool. Just like that. Surprise.

Anyways, when we went over the numbers and they realized it was their error I never got a single apology from anyone. Not even the concierge apologized for the way she delivered the message. To say I was mad was an understatement. Twice I asked to speak to someone in higher authority and was promised the construction manager, Greg Gilbert would call me. I was told he was responsible for the 2 week hold and the payment ultimatum.

Greg never called me.

They just quietly finished the pool and that was that.

So I'll give the sales guy and the guys who actually built the pool high marks. But Greg Gilbert and those responsible for handling customer service issues, totally suck at it. Ignoring an unhappy customer is just plain stupid.

A letter to the owner, Scott Waldo also went unanswered.
pasquale
AG
We used Triton Pools and had a good experience.
Craig is a good guy and they do outdoor kitchens too. Not sure if he builds pools all over Houston or just Cypress area but give him a call. 281.726.1341
Just let him know he just finished greg in coles crossing pool.
OilAg01
AG
Would love to discuss your experience with platinum in more detail. I have an appointment with them tomorrow
tamu02
If you're in the market for the best pool in your neighborhood call Joe DiPaulo - Stone Mason of Spring. I promise that he won't build the cookie cutter pool that most of the others will.
www.waterfirerock.com
AFDave13
AG
Bermuda Blue Pools. My parents and the neighbors got a pool done a few months ago; he was excellent. Ernest is the owner, he lives here and personally designs every pool "from scratch" and manages every aspect of it from the day you contact him until the day you start swimming. Everyday the pool install was going on, he was the first person there, and the last to leave to ensure it was going according to the design and was what they wanted. I'd highly recommend at least giving him a chance.

832-725-7591

http://www.bermudabluepools.com/about-us.html

http://www.bermudabluepools.com/gallery.html
AFDave13
AG
I should also add they added a patio roof extension, added a door in place of a window from the bedroom to the backyard, redid the fence, and repainted the exterior of the house as well. He contracted/managed the people to do it, and only charged the cost without additional contracting fees.

TexAg2004
AG
Appreciate the insight everybody. I contacted the first folks listed (Watts) on the original posting date and haven't heard back. I'll for sure look into the others listed out!
PetroAg87
AG
There is a pretty good place up in Spring by the name of "Professional Pool Supply". I've had two co-workers who both used them for pool renovations and were extremely satisfied with the service and pricing.

I don't know that this company does pool installs but they can give you some good, unbiased recommendations along with some suggestions about what to look out for.
05AG
AG
The Pool Man and ask for Blake Harrott.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
quote:
There is a pretty good place up in Spring by the name of "Professional Pool Supply". I've had two co-workers who both used them for pool renovations and were extremely satisfied with the service and pricing.

I don't know that this company does pool installs but they can give you some good, unbiased recommendations along with some suggestions about what to look out for.
Referring to the Louetta location? I live very near this place and have used them quite a bit. They're good people. Want to say the last time I got a quote for major work, though, they were pretty high.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.