Houston
Sponsored by

Need engagement photographer

4,103 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by tlh3842
tlh3842
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm planning on proposing in the next few weeks and I'd really like to have a photographer take pictures of me proposing to her. I know she would really appreciate it. Any photographers on here or that anyone would recommend? It'd be in the Houston area of course.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Obligatory TexAgs "Too Young"...."Don't Do It"....."Worst Decision Ever" post.
AMW2010
AG
When and where? Does the photographer have to be hidden? How many photos you looking for? I'm interested
AgKJ
AG
I'm not a photographer, but I run a business that HIDES photographers for things like this. So if you want to hire the guy in the post above mine to take the actual pictures, and hire ME to hide him, hit us up.
bigjag19
AG
I used to do quite a bit of hidden photography.
schmendeler
AG
Depending on where it is, a tine-boardian may actually already have a creeper cam in place.
Ag_07
AG
I hear DIY is all the rage these days!!

AgToadie
Search for poster Guitarsoup. Awesome pro photographer in Houston and has done these type of engagement photos in the past.
Boats and Hose
AG
Check out Christine Meeker. That's who we've got doing our wedding. She could probably help out or recommend someone else.

Christine Meeker Photography
Earl Haffler
Nicole Denae Photography
XpressAg09
AG
Guitar Soup or Ruddock Photography. Both are Ags.
Guitarsoup
AG
Thanks for the recs! We've done a surprise engagement before where the groom didn't want us to be seen. Since I shoot A&M and NFL football, I have the long lens so I can get great shots while being far away and unseen.

thomasandpenelope.com or Facebook

Houston Proposal Photography

I shot this a few years ago. Matt wanted me to take pics and not be seen. He kept it a surprise for several months and then surprised her with pics for her birthday.
schmendeler
AG
Not gonna lie, the shot through the bushes is super creepy. It's how I imagine highwayman spends his weekends.
AgKJ
AG
I hide my camera in a shopping bag with a hole cut it in then then spend the day riding up escalators behind girls in mini-skirts. To view my website, resume, and a list of happy TexAg poster referrals hit me up. Very reasonable pricing.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
Not gonna lie, the shot through the bushes is super creepy. It's how I imagine highwayman spends his weekends.

schmendeler
AG
Yes!
bigjag19
AG
quote:
I hide my camera in a shopping bag with a hole cut it in then then spend the day riding up escalators behind girls in mini-skirts. To view my website, resume, and a list of happy TexAg poster referrals hit me up. Very reasonable pricing.
Call me old fashioned, but a well placed shoe cam is far more fun.
Jaydoug
AG
Adam Nyholt.

http://nyholt.com/
gcracker13
AG
Jessi Becker did mine two months ago. She was FANTASTIC and should give you a deal if you decide to use her for engagement pictures.
tlh3842
AG
Thanks for all the responses. She knows I'll probably propose soon, so it's going to be tricky to do something special and her not realize it's happening. Photographer being hidden I think will be a must, I also like the idea of her not knowing about the pictures having been taken.
AMW2010
AG
I'd be interested if you gave me more information... And I'd guarantee I'm a lot cheaper than most everyone
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
My colleague's wife just bought a DSLR and got a website for her "professional" photography business. She's as legit as anyone and if you book her, she will probably have enough cash to buy a MacBook. I don't know if she shoots in RAW format yet, but keeping her as a "professional" photographer will save us from having to constantly decline invitations to pampered chef, jamberry, advocare, and other MLM garbage.
Jdrexgman
AG
quote:
Adam Nyholt.

http://nyholt.com/
I second this. One of the best in Houston that's been at it for over a decade.

His portfolio and clientele list speaks for itself.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
My colleague's wife just bought a DSLR and got a website for her "professional" photography business. She's as legit as anyone and if you book her, she will probably have enough cash to buy a MacBook. I don't know if she shoots in RAW format yet, but keeping her as a "professional" photographer will save us from having to constantly decline invitations to pampered chef, jamberry, advocare, and other MLM garbage.
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
quote:

I can never find that gif when I need it
tlh3842
AG
Guitarsoup, I attempted to contact you guys through your website. I mentioned a thread on Texags. haha

AMW, send me an email and I'll give you an idea of what I had in mind. thadley0823 at Gmail
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.