Houston
Sponsored by

Police Chase, Ends in Shot Suspect

9,741 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 213 Grove
txaggie_08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know what happened?? I just missed the live steam I think. Came home from lunch and they're replaying the chase right up until the suspect was shot and killed by police.
Diggity
AG
could he really be a suspect in this case?
txaggie_08
AG
I will say it appears to be a black man shot by white officers.
agproducer
AG
We carried it live. The guy was running from cops after a traffic stop. He avoided spike strips at one point, ran off the road and through a parking lot. The guy crashed. He got out of the car, started reaching for something in the car and the officers opened fire -- killing him. It was a black guy and white officers, but I watched the entire thing play out. It looks justified. The dude was reaching for something. We can't show the video because it shows the guy actually being killed. It ended by the YMCA on Wallisville.
txaggie_08
AG
Yeah, I'm really curious what he was going back in for. Look like he was getting ready to run and then turned around to grab something.

The cops were definitely justified in taking the shot.
AMW2010
AG
You could post the video on here tho for us, cause you love us haha we won't tell anyone!

Everyone is saying it was a head shot cause how he dropped to the ground, and once they covered him in the white sheet blood was seen all over coming out from under!
txaggie_08
AG
They unloaded at least 10 rounds into the vehicle by the looks of the front and rear passenger side windows.
agproducer
AG
It appeared to be a head shot. The guy got hit repeatedly. I can't post it.
KDubAg
AG
Cool. Well done.
Ag_07
AG
Damn...We were just saying after the chase in Spring that ended in the guy running in the house, how badly we wanted one to end with the chase to end in a violent one car crash.

This is even better.
AMW2010
AG

Ag_07
AG
This is best video I could find. Stops before the shots.

Police Chase Ends in Gunfire

So the driver of the tan SUV is most certainly going home to change pants right?
AGeng25
AG
USA Today reporting:
quote:
Once he got out of the vehicle, there was an exchange of gunfire between the suspect and police.
The suspect was shot several times by police. He was taken to a local hospital in an unknown condition.
A second unidentified person also was taken to the hospital in connection with the incident.

Other news outlets vary with their reports, but some do also say "exchange of gunfire between suspect and police"
AGeng25
AG
quote:
So the driver of the tan SUV is most certainly going home to change pants right?
Absolutely. It's hard to tell from the angle, but if someone was in the backseat of the tan SUV, they could have been in the line of fire. Pretty incredible/lucky that nobody else was hurt (at least no reports indicating this so far).
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
This is clearly justified, however, I wouldn't run with ANYTHING the media says in the wake of something like this. By and large they are a combination of incompetent and crooked. Ratings and hype drive everything and truth is a distant second (if even second).
213 Grove
AG
Jeez that is literally right next to my office and left for lunch about 5 minutes before that happened
agproducer
AG
God-Family-Friends-Ag -- that is an absurd, blanket statement. That is a very jaded way to look at things. I work in the media, and any journalist worth a crap wants to get things right first and foremost. Ratings are a part of it, but saying, "Don't believe anything the media tells you," is dumb. If you watch the news, you need to watch with a critical mind.
agproducer
AG
The second unidentified person is the driver of the car that was hit.
BBRex
AG
quote:
This is clearly justified, however, I wouldn't run with ANYTHING the media says in the wake of something like this. By and large they are a combination of incompetent and crooked. Ratings and hype drive everything and truth is a distant second (if even second).
Uh, no ...
Jock 07
AG
quote:
The second unidentified person is the driver of the car that was hit.
Any word on condition? The white car, right?
agproducer
AG
Yes, the white car. No word right now. It's a very fluid -- still active scene. I'm working on the 4pm show as we speak.
agproducer
AG
Hearing from family members that the girl in the white car has non-life threatening injuries. she is at a hospital though.
bularry
saw it happen live on the TV in our breakroom (Ch 13) and it looked like the dude got shot before he had any chance to exchange gunfire with the police. hard to tell how many police were shooting from the helicopter view that was on the TV, but one was pretty darn close to the suspect when he was reaching back inside the car. I'm thinking he was going for a weapon that the policeman could see.

If the cops on the far side of the car opened fire, that was pretty irresponsible. Lots and lots of people around there (not to mention the YMCA).
Ag_07
AG

I see now there's a detailed caption up. This a relative overcome by grief.

They just can't seem to comprehend why the police had to shoot down such a nice young man.
Coog97
quote:
God-Family-Friends-Ag -- that is an absurd, blanket statement. That is a very jaded way to look at things. I work in the media, and any journalist worth a crap wants to get things right first and foremost. Ratings are a part of it, but saying, "Don't believe anything the media tells you," is dumb. If you watch the news, you need to watch with a critical mind.
any journalist worth a crap

Therein lies the problem. ;-)

I kid because I love!
agproducer
AG
Thanks, Coog!
JYDog90
AG
quote:

Yeah...He dead

And this was straight from chron.com so I'm assuming it's ok to post.

How do you know he's dead from that pic?
KDubAg
AG
Ag07...that may be the guy in the brown SUV. Or some other bystander. Saw another pic with a blanket over the fleeing driver who got shot.
Jock 07
AG
yea I doubt they'd be wheeling the dead dude off like that
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
That guy's not 25
AMW2010
AG
That's not the guy that got shot... Look at the picture I posted, the guy was in jeans, that guy has tan pants on

Hey ag producer,can you post the photos y'all just posted on Facebook? Mainly the ones that had all the bullet holes in the car
txaggie_08
AG
That is not the dead suspect. For one, there's no way they'd wheel him out uncovered. Two, that's not what the shot guy was wearing, and zero blood to be found....
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
quote:
I didn't say "don't believe anything the media says". I was cautioning people not to run with things right away when it comes to things like this. There are already conflicting reports on whether or not the guy was firing on officers. Michael Brown was a gentle giant who was shot in cold blood. Trayvon Martin was just a little baby who loved skittles and was gunned down for being black.

Maybe I should have said "mainstream media", in no way did I intend to insult you personally, or all media personnel. But these days, so much incorrect/false crap gets out immediately after stuff like this as people rush to get it out.

The media is largely responsible for Ferguson imo. Not you...but the media that rushed an agenda-driven narrative out and misled millions of people.
agproducer
AG
I'd like to post some stuff, but I don't have time. I have to buckle down and finish the show so I'll be ready at 4.

And, God-Family Ag -- understood. I'd like to continue the conversation, but I've got to leave it here right now.
RK
AG
video
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.