Houston
Sponsored by

Thoughts on this Lot in Spring Branch

4,497 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by CrossBowAg99
H-town ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I believe it is on or near a fault line .... Is there any good way to build in a situation like this ...

Link
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
there are some really nice houses going in around the corner on Bingle.
Goodest Poster
AG
quote:
I believe it is on or near a fault line .... Is there any good way to build in a situation like this ...

Link
All of Spring Branch qualifies as on or near a fault line.
RustyBV
AG
That price seems too good to be true.
H-town ag
AG
I hear you, but the elevation really changes on this street.
Goodest Poster
AG
quote:
I hear you, but the elevation really changes on this street.
Yah, sold a house close by that the backyard went up 8 feet...seriously
Ag_07
AG
SB sucks. Crime is bad, schools are bad, and it's full of Mezcuns. Move somewhere nice like Oak Forest.
H-town ag
AG
quote:
SB sucks. Crime is bad, schools are bad, and it's full of Mezcuns. Move somewhere nice like Oak Forest.

I hear you, but this neighborhood is zoned to Memorial and is considered a safer spot of SB ... south of Long Point ... barely. Lots of new construction in this neighborhood.

My original question, is there a way to safely build on a lot that is on or near this fault line.
Ag_07
AG
I'm just joshin with you. We've been in SB for 2 years and love it.

The new construction is rampin up especially over in our area with the two developments on Kempwood between Gessner and Campbell.

I can't say one way or the other on your OP, but that fault line has really wrecked some havoc on some the streets in the area like Witte and Campbell.
TKNR_Ags_co21
AG
Houston Fault Map

May or may not help you
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
quote:

I hear you, but this neighborhood is zoned to Memorial and is considered a safer spot of SB ... south of Long Point ... barely. Lots of new construction in this neighborhood.

My original question, is there a way to safely build on a lot that is on or near this fault line.
There is no way to build on a fault line and be 100% safe. The forces involved in the earth moving are tremendous and manmade structures can't withstand them. You can use a strategy to help mitigate the effects of a fault line i.e. install a crushed granite driveway instead of concrete if a fault line crosses your property. In theory, the Engineer that designs your foundation should identify the fault and advise you not to build if it going to be an issue.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.