Houston
Sponsored by

Home Security Systems

2,076 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
gcracker13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buying a house in the Katy area, already pre wired for security system. Any recommendations on which company to go with?
KurtK85
AG
Smith Thompson

End of Thread.
aTm2004
AG
Smith Thompson. Use me as a referral.
TX scallywAG
AG
Agreed on ST.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
rjamizon
Smith Thompson provides identical services to ADT at less than half the price. I believe my bill was $16 per month (no contract) vs. ADT at ~$40 (two year contract).

If you do the referral, I think you both get a month free.
TX scallywAG
AG
Also if you pay for 11 months in full, you get 1 month free.

Also, no phone line required.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
Texan76
Smith Thompson
MAS444
AG
Minority opinion here, I know...but ST's equipment is crap. Have had problems at office and home. And their smart phone/app capability sucks. Xfinity was more expensive...but is a lot higher quality with much more functionality. I wish we hadn't switched.
Hwy30East
http://www.protection1.com

Look into Protection 1.
rjamizon
quote:
Minority opinion here, I know...but ST's equipment is crap. Have had problems at office and home. And their smart phone/app capability sucks. Xfinity was more expensive...but is a lot higher quality with much more functionality. I wish we hadn't switched.

He said he already has equipment.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
quote:

All of the "more functionality" can usually be done outside your security system for free
randy828
AG
It is true about Smith Thompson price...but I had been an ADT customer for a few years when there was an identical thread to this one about one or two years ago...so I called ADT and told them I was going to switch to ST because they offered $16 something...so ADT switched me to the loyalty department and they met the Smith Thompson price. Hasn't gone up since.
Ag_07
AG
Don't waste your money.

The entire house will be cleaned out and thieves will long gone by the time the cops show up.

Get a mean, nasty dog.
gcracker13
AG
I have a big, mean dog. Coach Sumlin told me to get one about three years back.
Texaggie7nine
Am I the only one getting like 2 calls a day from different numbers with robots trying to sell me home security systems?
7nine
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.