Houston
Sponsored by

Gun Store ITL

2,756 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ferris Wheel Allstar
Jules_Winnfield
How long do you want to ignore this user?
looked online (google maps)... Are there really no gun stores inside the loop?
RK
AG
liberty armory is on Bellaire just inside the loop. never been inside, though. but, with it directly adjacent to woodrows and a store that sells nothing but hot sauce, it's a pretty solid trifecta.
CrossBowAg99
AG
Academy
Al Bula
AG
Every few months at the GRB
rjamizon
quote:
liberty armory is on Bellaire just inside the loop. never been inside, though. but, with it directly adjacent to woodrows and a store that sells nothing but hot sauce, it's a pretty solid trifecta.

They were expensive as **** when I went in.
Ag03 CQE
AG
Maybe try Central Police Supply on Washington near 45. I haven't been there but they have a lot on their website.
Texan76
quote:
I have heard that they have or they will be opening a gun range there.
Jules_Winnfield
I checked their website this morning and they have a lot of things available except ammo and guns.
Jules_Winnfield
I don't have a problem going outside of the loop but I was just wanting to take a trip sometime this week during my lunch break and check some stuff out that I am interested in
CrossBowAg99
AG
What are you looking for?

In my experience the mom and pop shops don't stock much selection. They will order you whatever you want. I would be shocked if Academy did not have a better selection than Liberty.

Top gun has a range and does rentals and is not far OTL. Carter's Country and Collector's Firearms aren't too far west of the Galleria area and have a pretty good selection.

These days, I usually just buy online and have it sent to a local FFL.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:

These days, I usually just buy online and have it sent to a local FFL.
This.
htxag09
AG
It's a little farther but I'll probably start going to TheEyeGuy for most everything. He gives good deals to ags and will answer any and all questions I have. Don't mind driving a little further to save a little and give my money to an ag.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Thanks for the nice words. If you dont mind driving out a bit to hwy 6 and westheimer, id love to get your business.
jamaggie06
AG
Eyeguy, can you price a Walther PPQ M2 for me?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
9 or 40?
Jules_Winnfield
Outside of a shotgun i bought at champion firearms 5+ years ago, I havent been to or had any experience with any Houston gun shops.

looking to get a home defense gun and have narrowed it down to a few models. I want be able to shoot them (if possible) or the very least hold them.

Springfield XD 5" or 4"
Ruger SR9
Sig Sauer 239 or 250

AGeng25
AG
quote:
Thanks for the nice words. If you dont mind driving out a bit to hwy 6 and westheimer, id love to get your business.
EyeGuy, when does your storefront open? I'm in the market for a few and would love to come in and take a look.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Very very soon. FFL is on it's way and need to do one thing to the walls as soon as the stuff gets here to help secure them.
Forum Troll
AG
Liberty Armory will be opening a gun range later this summer. They are waiting for the HVAC system to come in and install it.

PS I know the owner.
jamaggie06
AG
9 mm
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
9 mm
4" runs around $550 and the 5" runs around 650
RebelE Infantry
AG
Liberty is solid. Good guys in there who are willing to chat and help with any questions. Their selection is decent for a store that size. Price wise they are a little high on some things and pretty good on others. All in all not bad considering it's about 5 minutes from home. Can't wait for the range to open.
Catch
AG
quote:

Do you buy and sell or just sell? I'm kinda thinking about trading my .380 in for a 9mm and I work off Kirkwood and I-10. Figure that's close enough.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Definitely buy, as well. Right now I'm trying to get my used selection up so I'm paying a hair more than I normally would.
AgRebel08
AG
The eye guy what about a 9mm M&p shield? Went to Athena today and they are way above what I had been seeing. I'm in the market for two of em.

I am thinking I could drive jamaggie out there if he liked your prices and we could get 3 from you.

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
The reason they are running a bit high at some places is that they are not super easy to get. I have a few I can get but they don't have a thumb safety. The other version is OOS at my main supplier. Those would run about $370 each if paying cash. $385 for CC.
AgRebel08
AG
The eye guy, would def like to buy them from you. How can I contact you? I'm realated to jamaggie and I think we're both interested.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
email eyeguytex@gmail.com or call 979-574-8243
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
quote:

Do you buy and sell or just sell? I'm kinda thinking about trading my .380 in for a 9mm and I work off Kirkwood and I-10. Figure that's close enough.
What kind of .380 do you have? I am in the market
RK
AG
looking for something that fits in your purse?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
FFL just came in the mail today... finally!
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
hopefully it is hot pink to match
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.