Houston
Sponsored by

OK, seriously this time....

5,007 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Smokedraw01
Seamaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seven Meadows
Lakes of Bella Terra
Cinco Ranch SW (newer part)

OR? Bridgeland/Towne Lake?

Any pitfalls? Any opinions? All about the same?

Work in Galleria area 7:30 - 4PM schedule. Don't mind paying a toll if thats whats i gots to do.

*We sold our house in Meyerland in one day so now **** is getting real.
Seamaster
AG
PS. We drove around the old part of Cinco near I-10 and Mason and just thought it was too congested - prefer the newer parts....

xMusashix
AG
quote:
PS. We drove around the old part of Cinco near I-10 and Mason and just thought it was too congested - prefer the newer parts....

In the latest community impact newsletter, they list the following. 1463 widening construction start date tentatively set for 2017 with total construction estimated at 18-24 months.

Fm1093 expansion says construction bidding late 2015 with completion in 2018. I imagine 10 and mason craziness isn't much different than the cinco and lakes of Bella terra being all that much different if that is one of your criteria. That being said the homes and amenities in cinco and SM is pretty nice.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I live in cinco near highland knolls and peek. You couldn't pay me to live in the newer parts of cinco/SM that you have to deal with 1093. It will be nice in a few years, but it's a total cluster right now...... At any given time.

Once construction is completed that way, we will look out there.
txaggie02
AG
I'd start off by going to your realtor and kicking him in the nuts for pricing your home where it sold in one day.
Buck O Five
AG
quote:

We thought the same thing when we bought our last house on 1093 and 1463 a few years ago. We were wrong.
Diggity
AG
yeah, I would take old Cinco any day
Watchful Ag
AG
I really like Gaston. Seven Lakes and newer developments north near Thompkins.
PoppaB05
AG
Lived in Katy most of my life. Have family and friends that live in pretty much every part of Katy.

I have no idea where you went on your drive because Old Cinco is nowhere near I10 and Mason. If you were north of Highland Knolls you weren't in Cinco. Based off your price parameter in the other thread I'll give you a breakdown by high schools where you should look.
Cinco Ranch- Cinco Ranch South Lake and North Lake
Seven Lakes- Grand Lakes- only north of fry rd
Taylor- Green Trails, Nottingham Country, Kelliwood

I did not recommend anything west of 99 for several reasons: 1) traffic is awful, horrible,at all times- I promise it adds a significant amount of time to your drive 2) All of the entertainment options and decent restaurants are inside or along the 99-10-Fry triangle 3) There are a ton of apartments going up in the areas west of 99 and along westpark 4) seriously the drive is worse than you think 5) besides apartments there is a ton of houses being built west of 99 and North of 99 the traffic on 99 is about to get crazy.

Good Luck!
10andBOUNCE
AG
quote:

That isn't even Cinco Ranch. Most of us who recommended old Cinco mentioned parts around the Katy YMCA-ish area. Quite a bit south of that.
Seamaster
AG
Thanks. I may of misunderstood. We're going to some open houses today in Cinco east of 99 but further south (closer to west park but north of Fry).

MelvinUdall
Honestly I live off of 1463 and yes te traffic can be bad at times, however 1093 is not the disaster it is made out to be. Certainly if you want to live out in Jaty the closer to town is the better, however living further west is not the traffic nightmare is made out to be.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Wrong - Cinco starts north of highland knolls on the east and west side of peek and then goes south. I know, because I live in one of those.

And been in Katy since 88..... From Nottingham to Newer Nottingham to Cinco to green meadows to Falcon Point (all of which was with my parents until 05. Moved into my house in 2011 and it's in CInco.
PoppaB05
AG
quote:
Wrong - Cinco starts north of highland knolls on the east and west side of peek and then goes south. I know, because I live in one of those.

And been in Katy since 88..... From Nottingham to Newer Nottingham to Cinco to green meadows to Falcon Point (all of which was with my parents until 05. Moved into my house in 2011 and it's in CInco.

Ok, yes technically there is a small part of Cinco north of Highland Knolls. I was trying to give him an easy reference point since it seemed like he was a little confused on where Cinco Ranch was. I lived in Greenway Village until 98 and half of my friends lived up in those 2 areas, that's a good area but with their budget I would recommend North and South Lake which I think are a little nicer.

BTW OP, what type of house are you looking for and how old are the kids, that might help out everyone.
ClickClack
AG
I live in Lakes of Bella Terra and never have issues with 1093. I take westpark into work (the 1093 entrance dumps you in front of all the traffic coming from the west) and 99 home. On the way home, I exit Bellaire straight off the ramp from 99 and come in the Bellaire entrance.
BZAg
I also live in Lakes of Bella Terra. I feel the neighborhood is going to out grow the undersized pool and the HOA fees are too high. I do like the people that live here though and love my house. Easy access to west park tollway is a plus. If you love any further west on 1093 you will definitely have issues with 1093 until the tollway is extended. Agree with ClickClack on not having any issue with it from Bella Terra.
Buck O Five
AG
quote:
I live in Lakes of Bella Terra and never have issues with 1093. I take westpark into work (the 1093 entrance dumps you in front of all the traffic coming from the west) and 99 home. On the way home, I exit Bellaire straight off the ramp from 99 and come in the Bellaire entrance.

That's like someone living in the heights telling people in Memorial that I10 is no big deal.
ClickClack
AG
quote:
quote:

That's like someone living in the heights telling people in Memorial that I10 is no big deal.

See BZAg's post above. 1093 turns into Westpark tollway a half mile east of the entrance, so it's wide open. But, okay.

During rush hour, 1093 going west obviously gets backed up and can add five extra minutes to your drive home if you take that entrance. But if you just go to the next exit and take Bellaire instead, like I mentioned above, it's completely wide open. They even have the overpass now so you don't have to wait at the light at 1093. You can also turn into the shopping center and enter through there.
Seamaster
AG
Thanks all.

We spent the day in the general area of Grand Lakes/Seven Meadows and Lakes of BT. Really liked Grand Lakes and Cinco around Fry Road/Peek road.

I could definately tell how traffic in and out is worse west of 99 but seems Lakes of BT is right where it ends and wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Thanks again. This has helped a lot.
ATM9000
AG
quote:
I also live in Lakes of Bella Terra. I feel the neighborhood is going to out grow the undersized pool and the HOA fees are too high. I do like the people that live here though and love my house. Easy access to west park tollway is a plus. If you love any further west on 1093 you will definitely have issues with 1093 until the tollway is extended. Agree with ClickClack on not having any issue with it from Bella Terra.

I'm leaving Bella Terra due to job relocation. Liked the neighborhood itself. Access in and out of the neighborhood itself is way better than really any in Cinco or west on 1093 which is a plus. Traffic into town from out there anywhere sucks no matter what. And traffic out of town back isn't great either.

I think Bella Terra itself should remain a pretty nice neighborhood... Agree on the size of the HOA amenities though. They do, however, a very good job of keeping the green areas and trails and common areas/rec centers clean. Think the other big threat there is cheap development that's going on now and will continue down 723 with the land being so cheap. The Lamar schools over there are very nice now but not sure where they'll be in the future with KB and apartments continuing to buy land up out there.
JRW III
I live in Bridgeland and work in the Galleria. Can't say enough good things about Bridgeland. Great community and I would highly recommend it. However, the 290 commute is one of the worst commutes in Houston if not the worst. 7:30-4:00 would be in bad traffic. Wherever you buy, I suggest taking a test drive on a typical day/time you would be going to work.
Wife is an Aggie
I know you're not looking in Sienna but I just left from Sienna Plantation & passed the post oak/San Felipe exit in exactly 31 minutes. Ft bend to 90 to 610. I made it to i10 & 610 in probably 34 minutes. Left daycare in Sienna at 7:18am.
Post removed:
by user
DCC99
AG
quote:
Lived in Katy most of my life. Have family and friends that live in pretty much every part of Katy.

I have no idea where you went on your drive because Old Cinco is nowhere near I10 and Mason. If you were north of Highland Knolls you weren't in Cinco. Based off your price parameter in the other thread I'll give you a breakdown by high schools where you should look.
Cinco Ranch- Cinco Ranch South Lake and North Lake
Seven Lakes- Grand Lakes- only north of fry rd
Taylor- Green Trails, Nottingham Country, Kelliwood

I did not recommend anything west of 99 for several reasons: 1) traffic is awful, horrible,at all times- I promise it adds a significant amount of time to your drive 2) All of the entertainment options and decent restaurants are inside or along the 99-10-Fry triangle 3) There are a ton of apartments going up in the areas west of 99 and along westpark 4) seriously the drive is worse than you think 5) besides apartments there is a ton of houses being built west of 99 and North of 99 the traffic on 99 is about to get crazy.

Good Luck!
All of this.
quote:
Really liked Grand Lakes and Cinco around Fry Road/Peek road.
I live near this area, and run here a lot on weekends. I think it has held up well. I'll also second whoever said near the Katy YMCA.
Diggity
AG
quote:
I know you're not looking in Sienna but I just left from Sienna Plantation & passed the post oak/San Felipe exit in exactly 31 minutes. Ft bend to 90 to 610. I made it to i10 & 610 in probably 34 minutes. Left daycare in Sienna at 7:18am.
yeah, Sienna to the Galleria doesn't seem like a bad commute at all.
Seamaster
AG
Offer made and looks like accepted on Cinco Ranch home just 'barely' west of 99 near Westheimer Pkwy. Its slightly 'west' but the 'older' part of cinco. Agreed that the newer part of Cinco seemed to be very different traffic situation.

Buck O Five
AG
Congrats, good luck on the option period.
Smokedraw01
Across from Target?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.