Houston
Sponsored by

Life Flight: Trauma Center Houston

1,299 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by C.C. Bay Ag
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There is a new show on the Lifetime network about Memorial Hermann Life Flight. Its pretty interesting. It started tonight. Thought I would share.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/life-flight-trauma-center-houston

""Life Flight: Trauma Center Houston" is an intense, behind-the-scenes docu-drama that follows the trauma teams at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center and the split-second decisions they must make while performing life-saving procedures both on the ground and hundreds of feet in the air. Viewers will see what really happens behind the emergency room doors where doctors, nurses and trauma surgeons do everything they can to save each patient brought in by the helicopter "Life Flight" teams."
FCBlitz
My wife works in the trauma area. We watched it tonight. She watched with abit of levity. I was horrified. I am perfectly happy being a engineer.
bearkatag15
AG
My wife works in the ICU at Hermann as a RN... Her stories are nuts. I usually have to ask her to stop talking at dinner because they are too much to take while eating... it doesn't phase her a bit.
BBRex
AG
I might have to check that out. My dad flew Medevac for the Army in San Antonio before they were forced to stop and let civilian companies take over.
jja79
AG
My oldest son is a physician at LSU Medical Center. He's pretty matter of fact about things I can't even imagine.
FCBlitz
Bearkatag15....I hear you. sometimes at the dinner table I have to say STOP! Grosses me out.

My wife has been at Hermann a loooong time
Hoyt Ag
AG
Wife works there too, we actually know a lot of the folks on the show. Medical stories don't bother me any. Good show so far.
Big Cat `93
AG
Fascinating show. That electrocuted guy's leg and foot were gnarly.

The EMT's description of CPR was spot on. My father had a ventricular fibrillation in September and received CPR for 15 minutes. It took four different guys trading off until the ambulance got there. Dad's chest and ribs were sore for nearly 2 months afterward. Considering that about 1% of people who have that live through it, he wasn't complaining. He's a true miracle.
C.C. Bay Ag
AG
Solid show; very graphic for a non-healthcare guy like me. My wife also works for Hermann and used to work in the Med Center. She too recognized a handful of the folks.
My main goal in life is to find a beer as cold as a woman's heart
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.