Houston
Sponsored by

Consolidated Communications Fiber/DSL vs Comcast?

5,866 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by xMusashix
jjdavis85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm in an area where those are my only two options for high speed internet. Judging by the promo packages, I can get 100 mbps via the two providers for 49.99/month.

From what I can tell, Comcast is the overwhelming favorite for internet on the Houston board, but I was wondering if anybody had experience with Consolidated's fiber network. I've seen bad review regarding their general DSL.

Unfortunately, since I currently have DirectTv utilizing the "home run" coax cabling from the exterior of my house to my home network box inside, I'd need to either remove the DirectTV to install Comcast or hire an electrician to run another coax from the exterior of my house.

I've flirted with the idea of cutting the cord to cable since I primary only watch ESPN and the local channels on the weekend, especially with the introduction of sling.com, and this might help justify it if Consolidated is seen as a terrible provider. I just cant find much on them locally.

TIA
xMusashix
AG
I am curious if this since I also live in an area where this is my only option. While I have consolidated currently they are telling me the fastest they can provide is 20mbps. Have you confirmed with consolidated they can actually provide that speed?
Original_NoOlives
AG
Comcast user here.

Pro(s): product is great
Con(s): customer service beyond terrible
Original_NoOlives
AG
Also, ride the promotional pricing as long as you possibly can as normal pricing is pretty damn high for me. Often times whenever my promotional rates expire I will call/chat with their customer service (which is a huge pain) and threaten to change providers and majority of the time they will re-grant me the promotional rates to stay.
Jules_Winnfield
Did not go with consolidated communications, we had them when We lived in Cinco ranch and had tons of issues for the two years that I have them

We have Comcast now and they are by far the best we've had. We had AT&T when we lived in the Heights before we lived in Cinco ranch
xMusashix
AG
Also I currently have consolidated with their 10 Mbps package and I think I average around 7.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.