Houston
Sponsored by

Really need a recommendation for transmission repair in the Cy-Fair area.

1,689 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by guitjon
Summer95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need a second opinion. My son's car is pretty much stuck in "neutral" and we had it towed to the only mechanic we could find that was still open Saturday evening, never used them before. They called me with quotes today that I think are BS.

Thanks in advance.
cajunaggie08
AG
I went to A+ Transmission on Hwy. 6 and had a good experience when they replaced my clutch. Other places wanted to do an entire transmission overhaul because they thought I had chipped gears.
pasquale
AG
try Corb's

12802 Grant Rd, Cypress, TX 77429
(281) 320-9784
mustang6tee8
AG
We've used A-Tech Transmissions near Eldridge and 529 for work & personal use for a long time, have always been happy.
Summer95
AG
quote:
I went to A+ Transmission on Hwy. 6 and had a good experience when they replaced my clutch. Other places wanted to do an entire transmission overhaul because they thought I had chipped gears.
This is exactly the situation I am having. Do you mind telling me the other places that you tried first?
Texaggie7nine
I go to Chucho Autotrans near Willowbrook mall.

They are the fairest in price I've found around here.
Usually less than 50% what others want to charge.
7nine
cajunaggie08
AG
For me I had a worn out throwout bearing causing a very annoying squeak (80,000 miles). I first took it to joe myers ford as my warranty had just expired 5,000 miles earlier hoping they'd throw me a bone. They quoted me a high number but said they didn't really know what the cause was and would need to take it all apart. I decided to take it to firestone on hwy 6 near west rd and after holding my car for 3-4 days to try to replicate the sound they were not able to make the squeak happen but based on my description they said i probably have a chipped gear tooth and would be over $3,000 to replace the gears. I respectfully declined their offer and took it to A+. They put a stethoscope to it and knew what it was the very next day. Took them about 5 days to replace the clutch as they were waiting on parts to come in. I decided to replace the entire clutch as it cost the same amount of labor as just replacing the bearing and I figured I didn't have too much longer to go on it.
randy828
AG
I have seen a LOT of recommendations for Skeeters in the past. I have never used them, so I can't tell you personally.

http://www.skeetersauto.com/
aggiemike89
AG
Try K&L Automotive at the corner of Mueschke and Juergens.
BBallAggie06
AG
quote:
try Corb's

12802 Grant Rd, Cypress, TX 77429
(281) 320-9784
Used them in the past. Did great, honest and timely work. Highly recommend!
sts7049
AG
i grew up in cypress and we used skeeters back in the day for stuff. they always did good work for us. this was 15+ years ago though.
guitjon
2nd K&L! Been family friends for over 30 years. Taken cars there many times over the years.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.