Houston
Sponsored by

Sea Sports Scuba- Cypress

1,310 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by StoloAg2010
StoloAg2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone used Sea Sports Scuba in Cypress to get open water certified? I want to get certified and they are SSI and not PADI if it makes a difference. (from what I've read it doesn't). Or maybe recommend another shop, I live in Tomball and want to do one close to there.
Ragoo
AG
Ask for Greg Wilson. Work with him in my day job. Nice guy.

At least I think this is the outfit he works for.
plowboy1065
S
I'm certified by SSI and never had a problem any where I went and wanted to rent equipment to dive. I've been in there once and looked around. The employee I spoke with was very nice and from what I remember their prices were pretty fair
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I have padi but it's been a long time. I may do a refresher while my wife gets her open water. Have heard padi has fallen off and to look at naui and ssi.
Snipes
AG
It doesn't really matter whether you use padi or ssi. The gf just did the online padi class through gigglin marlin and it was tremendously more convenient than doing it all in the class. Not sure if ssi offers the online class or not.
plowboy1065
S
Yes SSI offers online as that's how I did my classroom time
GoAgs92
AG
Wow...online scuba...

no offense but screw that.

I know they learn to use the equipment in the pool or lake but still, Scuba being somewhat dangerous, I'd want the best instruction i could get.
plowboy1065
S
It's just the classroom time that you do online. My instructors followed up completely that I listened to and read what was required
Goodest Poster
AG
quote:
Wow...online scuba...

I know they learn to use the equipment in the pool or lake but still, Scuba being somewhat dangerous, I'd want the best instruction i could get.
The majority of SCUBA learning has been replaced by dive computers. It's very simple.

OP- YEARS ago I worked offshore and Sea Sports sent their trips on our boats regularly in the Flower Gardens. Not sure if its same ownership or not, but used to be an outstanding outfit.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
quote:
Wow...online scuba...

The majority of SCUBA learning has been replaced by dive computers. It's very simple.

OP- YEARS ago I worked offshore and Sea Sports sent their trips on our boats regularly in the Flower Gardens. Not sure if its same ownership or not, but used to be an outstanding outfit.
it's also why there are so many terrible, terrible divers out there.
StoloAg2010
AG
Went and talked with Sea Sports today. I liked that they want you to do the studying at home so that it's more discussion rather than lecture on classroom material. 30% off this month. You can pay this month and good till end of year if others interested.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.