Houston
Sponsored by

Re plastering pool

2,489 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by MrJonMan
txagrh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone know of someone good who refinishes (re plasters) pools? TIA.
CrossBowAg99
AG
http://poolworkshouston.com

I used them to remodel the pool at my old house.
Zeke1995
AG
I second the recommendation for Pool Works.
T Durden
AG
How much for something like a 20,000 gallon job?
AggieSam02
AG
Jeff at Poolworks is great. We work together on a lot of projects and he's top notch. Tell him Sam with Creekstone sent you. (281) 414-3766
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
How much for something like a 20,000 gallon job?
For just the plaster, If I remember it is like $3-4k for plain old plaster, up to about $7k for the stone/rock stuff

Tile and coping go up from there, but it has been about 5 years since we did ours.

I have remodeled 2 pools at different houses that I have owned and pool works was way better than the other one. I was just glad that the first one didn't go bankrupt before I was done.
T Durden
AG
Thanks.
MrJonMan
AG
Prices have gone up from what crossbow said. I also recommend Pool Works, I just got a quote....$4,300 for plain white. $6,300 for Quartz, and then several options up to $12,500 for Pebble Sheen.
Tormentos
AG
Anyone know rough ballpark cost for tile and coping replacement when you get the pool replastered?
MrJonMan
AG
I was quoted $15-25/ft for tile, depending on choice. That included removing old. Coping....I was simply told "it's expensive". I decided to stay with what I have.
texsn95
AG
Bump...We'll get with Poolworks soon. Any other good ones out there?
john2002ag
We use poolworx and just had ours replastered. It was cheaper than what is being quoted above and we got a non-white color. The website is http://www.houstonpoolcleaning.org/mobile.
MrJonMan
AG
Note that the pool works I listed and the one the poster above listed, are two separate companies
DiskoTroop
Looks like Poolworks has quite a following here but just for a second opinion...

Watt's Pools on I-10 did a great job for us when we put in our pool. We had a PebbleTech lining done though not plaster.

I believe Watt's is Aggie owned as well.
PetroAg87
AG
Professional Pool Supply up in Spring is a good one. Renovated one of my co-worker's pool and he said that the company did a great job and that their pricing was pretty reaonable.
longeryak
quote:
MrJonMan
7:21a, 8/7/15
H
AG

Note that the pool works I listed and the one the poster above listed, are two separate companies

Poolworks replastered our pool with a pebble finish 3 years ago and were great to work with.

Poolworx has cleaned our pool since shortly after that. I love that all of Joe's guys speak English in addition to being cheaper than any other service. Joe, the owner of Poolworx is a beach bum/surfer dude in his late 50s who losing his hearing but really knows his stuff. Expect more Jimmy Buffet like casualness than uniforms and logo wrapped company trucks if you work with Poolworx as that is how he is delivering his price point. Just make sure you're looking Joe in the face before talking to him.
MrJonMan
AG
Wasn't meaning for it to sound like I was picking one over the other, just making sure people knew there was a difference
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.