Houston
Sponsored by

Ag in need traveling to Houston

4,227 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by SnowboardAg
rgentry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hi Houston Ags,

I have a good Ag friend class of 07 and his wife class of 01 that will be traveling to Houston for cancer treatment. Any help be much appreciated.

Dustin James Beat Hell out of Cancer

Ruth Gentry Class of 01'
Marvin_Zindler
AG
There was a thread a couple of months back dealing with a similar situation at MD Anderson....anyone with stars want to help pull it up?
spadilly
S
Here's the thread:
http://texags.com/forums/38/topics/2569759

Call First Baptist and ask for the pastoral care office. Let them know what's going on and let them know how they can help.

We'll be praying!
Marvin_Zindler
AG
quote:
We'll be praying
Same here.
Cris_Dishman
rgentry
AG
Thank you for the responses if any of you are in the houston ATM chapter I appreciate if you share his story on the facebook page. His wife (class of 01) and Dustin (class of 01) love ATM more than anybody I know so if you can help me spread the word they really need our help right now. We cant lose this AG! I will share this info with his family. Thank you.
Ruth Gentry Class of 01'
mr83tr88
AG
I am the mom of the teenager in the post mentioned above. I cannot tell you what a blessing it has been during this difficult time to be an Aggie!

My daughter and I returned to College Station late last night after being in Houston for nearly 2 months. Radiation took a toll on her body, but she is beginning the recovery period. We still must travel twice a week to Houston and every 3 weeks stay inpatient for a week of chemo. As we were moving and packing up the apartment yesterday, we received a phone call that someone is covering our hotel expenses for the next few weeks. What a blessing!!

I will share the latest request with the incredible Aggie who offered us his garage apartment. You can also contact Equinox Apartments. (http://www.equinoxhouston.com/Houston-TX-apartments.asp) Ask them which foundations have available apartments right now. Several different foundations, etc. seem to have apartments there just for this need.

2950 Old Spanish Trail
Houston, TX 77054
Phone:

Office Hours:
Mon-Fri: 8:30am - 5:30pm
Sat: 10am - 5pm
Sun: 1pm - 5pm
RAT90
AG
rgentry, if you know when they get here to MDA let me know (PM me). I work at MDA and try to visit patients when I get the chance, with permission of the patient or family, of course. Kind of weird to pop in on someone you never met unless they know you are coming.

That goes for anybody, just let me know if you or somebody you know has to come here and I will do what I can.
JakeyBS
AG
Ruth, specifically how can we help?
T&p
rgentry
AG
His cancer is spreading so prayers are needed. His wife is trying to get him into MD Anderson, but I dont think that has happened just yet but they are trying. I will keep you all posted when that does happen. His family is overwhelmed by how much cancer has wrecked their lives so I have taken over the fundraising efforts. So you can help by sharing his message to every AG you know and any local cancer organizations that might help share his message. I am working on connecting with local ATM chapters. But please pray we cant lose this AG! I posted his page again right now to the ATM facebook page.

Ruth Gentry Class of 01'
Hoyt Ag
AG
My offer still stands on using the guest room in our house, as mentioned in the previous thread. Email is in my profile.
GoneGirl
AG
RAT90 - I didn't know that. I'd have looked you up when I was going there weekly.

Prayers for Dustin. I know how hard this is on a family. MDA is the place to be. It takes perseverance and just a little pushiness to get in (they have so many new patients all the time), but once you're there, they take care of every part of you.

My experience at the Mays Clinic was amazing.

Hugs.
RAT90
AG
Only in my fifth week working here.
RAT90
AG
BTW, my wife (clinical trial nurse) said if he got admitted he might have to go on a trial.
TejanoAG
AG
bump. Dustin and Dawn are also dear friends of mine and the most die hard A&M fans I know. Ruth, I don't know you but your doing an awesome job!! God bless!!
TheVarian
AG
Hey friends, if yall need a place to stay for a bit let me know. I have a small apartment in the river oaks area that has a small twin couch and a queen bed. I would be more than happy to lend it to yall for bit. Just message me if yall come in and we can get together.

Thinking and praying for yall
Cody 91
AG
We also have a garage apartment 5 min from Medical Center in Bellaire that is used entirely for this purpose. We have a current occupant, but only for 2 weeks.

Also West University Baptist has the "Mercy House" program where other lodgings are available for this purpose.

Email if you like: codymoore91@yahoo.com
Macpappy99
AG
Make sure they talk to the department of social work. They have many support programs and groups for all aspects of the cancer care process. I've been with MDACC for 8 years now and your friends are in the hands of many caring and compassionate people.
rgentry
AG
Thank you all for your responses! My friend has an appt at MD Anderson on March 11th with Dr. Wolff, he is a pancreatic oncologist. From the people have responded do you have openings for lodging on those days? Thank you all, we have raised over $10,000 for Dustin's medical expenses. Thank you again. We are keeping the faith! Gig em!
Ruth Gentry Class of 01'
Roy coy
Jaydoug
AG
Just got this message:

"
Dustin was admitted to Hospice this weekend. He gets to stay at his home, and they have nurses, aides, social workers and a chaplain that come to care for him as well as support us. Unfortunately, his condition continues to decline. He is constantly surrounded by his family and friends to offer love, support, prayer and a little fun.
Thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. We love each and every one of you and are so grateful to be surrounded by so many caring people.
Love, Dawn"
SnowboardAg
AG
Life is unfair - So sad for him and his family. Thoughts and prayers during difficult times.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.