Houston
Sponsored by

Fort Bend Brewing closes.

15,967 Views | 135 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jetch17
aggiemike02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
no idea...but thats the current mindset.
cajunaggie08
AG
quote:
why against canning?
To me beer tastes very different when it sits in can vs being from a tap or bottle. Even the light beers taste different. There's an actual metallic flavor to them. Either that or I'm about to have a stroke
Jock 07
AG
Cans are the best vessel for beer nowadays
Texaggie7nine
Storage in CAN and poured into a glass is the best way to get the closest to cask taste.

I'm guessing Lone Pint is against canning because of smaller size. Selling Bombers is way more profitable per oz if you can sell em that way.

You would have to sell a 6 pack for like $30 to get the same return you do on the bombers that sell for around $10
7nine
schmendeler
AG
quote:
Storage in CAN and poured into a glass is the best way to get the closest to cask taste.

I'm guessing Lone Pint is against canning because of smaller size. Selling Bombers is way more profitable per oz if you can sell em that way.

You would have to sell a 6 pack for like $30 to get the same return you do on the bombers that sell for around $10

that makes sense.
jetch17
AG
I'm ready for canned hop delusion this year. Hopefully it won't fall off so quick like the bombers
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:

Math
moss01
AG
Hey randy828 and schmendeler...i'm one of the founders of 11 Below Brewing (Class of '99). Glad to see a few of the TexAgs forumites will make it to the Grand Opening this weekend. Hit me up at the event...I'd like to introduce myself to you guys.

Cheers!

Brandon
redag06
Brandon,
Are you going to be at the tasting event on Thursday in humble?
moss01
AG
I'm a bit late responding to this thread....glad you like the 7 iron. I think you'll be pleased with both the Oso Bueno and Color Blind as well.

Here are a few of the places where you can find our beer:
Flying Saucer (downtown)
Crowbar
Hughies Tavern
The Farm
Two Mules
The Jive
Rockwell
Blacks Market
Mo's
and so on...

Cheers,

Brandon
schmendeler
AG
will do! looking forward to the event, for sure.
moss01
AG
Yessir! I will be at Michaels from 6-9.
redag06
I will see you there.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Are y'all just kegging right now?
moss01
AG
Yes. Draft beer for now with plans to start canning later this Fall.
Al Bula
AG
I go to Crowbar pretty often. Will have to check it out.

Just curious, why Crowbar and not Petrol Station?

(not a huge fan of Petrol but seems like a more likely spot to introduce new brew)
moss01
AG
We participated in an event at Crowbar and they loved our beer so much they wanted to put it on tap that next day. Petrol is on our list...we just haven't made it over there yet.
JYDog90
AG
What up, Moss?
swimmerbabe11
Breweries I apparently need to visit soon:
8th Wonder
Lone Pint
Town in City
11 Below

Breweries I don't know why I'm not at more often:
Buffalo Bayou...seriously, I can ride my bike there. I love their beer..why aren't I there?
randy828
AG
quote:
Hey randy828 and schmendeler...i'm one of the founders of 11 Below Brewing (Class of '99). Glad to see a few of the TexAgs forumites will make it to the Grand Opening this weekend. Hit me up at the event...I'd like to introduce myself to you guys.

Cheers!

Brandon
BBRex
AG
quote:
i think they are doing very well actually. they are adamantly against canning and are producing as much beer as they want. basically, they have chosen this scale for now and YR pretty much sells out shortly after it hits the shelf.
I took the tour at Yellow Rose about a month ago, and they said they were talking about buying the lot next door and expanding. They initially set up the line so they could extend it pretty easily if they acquired the lot. I don't remember the time frame they said.
OnlyForNow
AG
Moss, what do we have to do to get you into the Fly Saucer in Sugar Land?
moss01
AG
What can you do??? Ask them to put one of our beers on tap!
I have not made it down there to meet with the fine folks at Flying Saucer SL but plan to do so in the next few weeks.

Cheers!
PoopKing
AG
Sounds like town in city should open in a few weeks per fb
Out in Left Field
AG
Made it out to 11 Below pint night at Growlers ToGo. All 3 of their beers were solid. The red IPA was my favorite. Looking forward to hitting their tour sometime soon.
PoopKing
moss01
AG
quote:
Made it out to 11 Below pint night at Growlers ToGo. All 3 of their beers were solid. The red IPA was my favorite. Looking forward to hitting their tour sometime soon.

Glad you enjoyed the beer. We open the doors to guests every Saturday from 12-3.

RedbeardAG
AG
Why are you guys so far away..... Should set up a shuttle from inside the loop.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
A few blocks from my work seem just about right.
7nine
moss01
AG
quote:
We opened just out side of city limits for good reason. Ask the folks at Brash and Town in City what they think about all the permitting/inspections they had to go through.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
We opened just out side of city limits for good reason. Ask the folks at Brash and Town in City what they think about all the permitting/inspections they had to go through.
sounds about right
jetch17
AG
Ready for some Brash and gallons of p*ssy wagon

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.