Houston
Sponsored by

los Cucos Signature

9,390 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone been here yet? Looks good.

another ITL Mexican joint
Panama Red
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I heard Lance Z pimping it the other day. Figured it was another spot to get $40 fajitas x 2 and thirteen dollar margs.
Diggity
AG
They've made a ton of money emulating the old Ninfa's concept...now it appears they're copying El Tiempo.
terradactylexpress
quote:
I heard Lance Z pimping it the other day. Figured it was another spot to get $40 fajitas x 2 and thirteen dollar margs.
Stan Crowch
AG
Their mission statement doesn't make sense when you read it out loud, or in your head for that matter.

quote:
Our Mission is to serve the freshest authentic Mexican food, at the best possible value, is a fun and festive environment, where service is second to none."
RK
AG
is = in?
El Duke
Went last Friday. Parking can be an issue but they do have valet. Service was great. Fajitas were a little dry. Margaritas were OK. Spent $100 for 2.5 people. I'll go back but I'll choose Lupe Tortilla over this 9 out of 10.

MichaelJ
AG
Lupe tortilla
terradactylexpress
Lol@$50/person for Mexican
Jules_Winnfield
quote:
Lupe tortilla
digging tunnels
AG
What makes it "signature" Versus other los Cocos?
KatyAg01
AG
quote:
What makes it "signature" Versus other los Cocos?
The word "signature". You're welcome.
schmendeler
AG
"Margs"
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
"Margs"

Think of all the time saved by skipping those extra syllables.
Al Bula
AG
Maybe "Signature" means you don't smell like greasy Mexican food and onions after you?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
went last night, I liked it. I am not as picky as yall are though. I wouldnt put it above El Tiempo or Ninfa's, but I will go back. The patio is really nice.
MichaelJ
AG
Hey Ferris...was it $50/pp?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
Hey Ferris...was it $50/pp
No, more like $85, but we drink like fish

JK, it wasnt that expensive. It's all relative to how you order. Lunch specials look reasonable
El Duke
Let me help you with the math..$100/2.5 equals $40 per person (Toddler counts as half an adult at $20). This consisted of 2 pounds of fajita with extra doll hairs for the cheese/sour cream, 5 "margs" , childs plate of cheese quesadillas and ice cream.
MichaelJ
AG
$20 for toddler at mexican is still pricey...

dont get me wrong 1) i dont have kiddos...so its a non issue and 2) that doesnt sound that far fetched...i was just curious of the price of this place.
Panama Red
AG
$20 for your toddler? Does he have type 2 diabetes?
88jrt06
AG

El Duke
Obviously your joe six pack self cannot understand the law of averages. But yes, the boy loves to eat. Sorry I don't buy my kids a $5 Big Mac.
terradactylexpress
gtfo here rook
MichaelJ
AG
while i dont think anyone is trying to criticize the rearing of your child...

$20 for mexican for a "toddler" is still up there
Jack Klompus
AG
quote:
2 pounds of fajita with extra doll hairs
88jrt06
AG
quote:
gtfo here rook
Look how SENSITIVE the rook is; he NEEDS to clarify....
Texan76
If you're not boozing, El Tiempo is not that expensive. I stick with the El Tiempo on Richmond. We go every Sunday after church -- with wife and 2 little kids. With 20% tip and iced teas for adults we get out of there for $35.

If it's just the wife and me, we booze and it gets expensive. But no more than any other decent Mexican place. Pico's gave me sticker shock for a dinner. Will not go back.
Texan76
Have had bad service at the Kirby Lupe's about 5 times in a row. Done with that place.
Diggity
AG
no Mexican food place is that expensive if you're splitting 1/2 lb of fajitas, not getting appetizers and not drinking.

It's hard to argue that $40 for a lb of strip steak with some beans and rice ain't a little steep though.
Texan76
quote:
Let me help you with the math..$100/2.5 equals $40 per person (Toddler counts as half an adult at $20). This consisted of 2 pounds of fajita with extra doll hairs for the cheese/sour cream, 5 "margs" , childs plate of cheese quesadillas and ice cream.
2 pounds of fajitas? Damn.

We split a half pound at El Tiempo -- 2 adults and two little kids -- and usually have a few pieces left over.
digging tunnels
AG
A half pound between two adults and kids? Y'all must have small stomachs. I would eat all that by myself plus the chips
Diggity
AG
to be fair...El Tiempo's 1/2 lb is generally a lot larger than places like Lupe or Pappacito's.

My wife and I split the 1/2 lb fajitas as well. I just get annoyed when I end up paying $50 to split some fajitas and guacamole.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
No thanks. I'll stick with Teotihuacan, Los Nopalitos, and Tony's for mexican. No way I would ever fork that much coin for Mexican food, just on principle. Mexico is an impoverished 3rd world country full of shanties with undrinkable water. Mexican food should never cost that much, don't care how much TLC goes into the fajita marinade or how "cutting edge" their salsa is or whatever.

Pico's is one of the worse offender's imo. $12 for Queso Flameado (a small bowl of melted cheese with some ground meat) and their enchiladas range from $14 to $18. That is NUTS.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.