Houston
Sponsored by

Lights seriously mistimed on Smith this morning

4,351 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ryan the Temp
agnatgas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Exiting Smith off the Katy Freeway this morning was a disaster. The last two miles to work took 29 minutes for me this morning. There were no accidents. Typically, those last two miles take about 7 - 8 minutes.

When I get a little time this morning, I'll file something with the City. RTT - do you have the link? Anyone else?
Post removed:
by user
Ag_07
AG
Horrible.

I thought for sure the lights were out.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
agnatgas
AG
Traffic Signal service Request
Texaggie7nine
ITL problems.
7nine
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Traffic Signal service Request
Thanks for posting this.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Horrible.

I thought for sure the lights were out.
That was Shepherd at 34th yesterday when I was trying to get back from the gym. Light was out from at least 5:00 to after 7:00. Traffic was all kinds of FUBARed.
BTD
Can we just request for ALL downtown Houston. What a joke .
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
More light rail lines will solve the problem! For serious!
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
More light rail lines will solve the problem! For serious!
Just go to City Hall and threaten a $100 million lawsuit like the Williams Tower owners did today.
CrossBowAg99
AG
Over the uptown BRT?
Ryan the Temp
AG
Yep.
CrossBowAg99
AG
Wow
TX04Aggie
AG
Wait so Williams Tower is against the BRT line going in? I figured all those businesses would want better mobility to get people in and out of Galleria during peak times? Or do they think it's just a waste. I'm not choosing sides on whether it's a good idea or not, just curious because there seems to be back and forth on this BRT thing between Uptown district and METRO etc., from my understanding.
CrossBowAg99
AG
I am pretty sure that they were planning to take about 10' of land on each side of PO. That would be getting very close to the "front door" of WT. They barely have a circle drive on to PO as it is.

Uptown almost got away with implementing the BRT project. My guess is that heads are gong to roll over there. This is an example of where the federal environmental review process actually did some good.

I could never figure out why Uptown were pushing it so hard, but it sort of makes sense now. The owners that had land to develop were pushing it (BBBA, Skanska, Randall Davis, etc), at the expense of the land owners that already has assets there (Hines & Tanglewood, etc).

Ryan the Temp
AG
The appraisal on Williams Tower is so ridiculously low I don't see how they could have $100 million in damages, unless they agree to a realistic appraisal for once, and even then - $100 million?!?
CrossBowAg99
AG
I guess that you have to multiply their damages by many years (20, 30, 50, 100?) to get close to $100MM.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
Literally the only solution for rain in Houston is Monorail.
Producers_96
AG
And looking out my window, I see that the light rail test cars are blocking the entrance to the Esperson Garage, causing traffic to back up into the intersection at Milam and Rusk. I work in Pennzoil Place, and we've got a pool running on who will be the first person in our office to get hit by a train leaving the garage...
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
And looking out my window, I see that the light rail test cars are blocking the entrance to the Esperson Garage, causing traffic to back up into the intersection at Milam and Rusk. I work in Pennzoil Place, and we've got a pool running on who will be the first person in our office to get hit by a train leaving the garage...
Were you working there when the pedestrian got nailed by someone entering the garage and was thrown through the window?
Producers_96
AG
Not that I'm aware of, but I can totally see that happening.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Not that I'm aware of, but I can totally see that happening.
I saw it happen from my office across the street. People are in a crazy hurry trying to get both in and out of that garage. I'm surprised there hasn't been something worse happen.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.