Houston
Sponsored by

Athletic Department in need of Donations

1,429 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Tanya 93
jkdunnam03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy,

My name is Justin Dunnam, Class of 2003. I am currently the Athletic Director and Head Football Coach and McDade ISD, located in McDade, Texas which is between Bastrop, Giddings, and Elgin. We are a 1A size school that plays 6-man football, volleyball, boys and girls basketball, track, and cross country. Right now our district currently has 200 plus students in grades Pre-K through 8th grade, but we are in the process/discussing bringing back the high school, hopefully as early as the fall of 2015.

I am reaching out to my Aggie Family/Network in hopes to find donations for our athletic program: financial, supplies, labor, etc... Like many districts around the state we are asked year after year to do more with less,our budget is small but our needs are many. We are in despite need of new uniforms for both the volleyball team and football team. We are about to open our district's first every weight room in a run down storage building that has a good slab but needs a new exterior (currently plywood that leaks) hoping to get a metal building exterior for the slab. We are just trying to provide a good experience for our athletes because like high school athletes all over our great state and America they work hard, are good kids, and deserve to have equipment, uniforms, and facilities they can be proud of.

Our needs at this time include but are not limited to the list below:
* Volleyballs(6) , Basketballs (5 boys, 5 girls) , Footballs (4), Shot-Put (2), Discus (2),
Track Spikes (20-30 pair)
* Athletic period workout clothes (shorts, shirts, sweatpants, laundry clips)
* Uniforms for all sports (Volleyball, Football, Basketball, Track/CC)
* Weight room equipment (squat racks, benches, weights, dumb bells, weight plates, etc...)

Please email me at jkdunnam@yahoo.com..........I will supply with my cell number at that time if you would like to talk......McDade ISD's number is 512-273-2522

Thank you in advance for your generosity.

Justin Dunnam
Class of 2003
Athletic Director
Head Football Coach
McDade ISD

RESPECT: EARN IT; DEMAND IT; TAKE IT!

"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate; Our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond our belief."

"Make us to choose the harder right than the easier wrong, and never to be content with a half truth when the whole can be won."
Scantron882
AG
Good luck

What is your Mascot and colors?
Tanya 93
Do fundraisers.

Make your athletes and their parents take ownership of getting this stuff.
jkdunnam03
AG
Bulldogs red black and white

We are doing fundraisers but there is only so much you can do. I've been here 3 weeks. Trying to reach out to every possible resource I have.
Justin Dunnam Class of 2003 Athletic Director Head Football Coach McDade ISD RESPECT: EARN IT; DEMAND IT; TAKE IT! "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate; Our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond our belief." "Make us to choose the harder right than the easier wrong, and never to be content with a half truth when the whole can be won."
OnlyForNow
AG
Such a better cause than buying people with good paying jobs Aggie Rings..com

You should definitely start a gofundme
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Do fundraisers.

Make your athletes and their parents take ownership of getting this stuff.
Don't do carwashes. They are the worst/least effective way to raise money.

Unless you have some hot, of-age girls willing to do a bikini carwash.
Tanya 93
Been there and done that. There is a lot you can do by fundraising.
Tanya 93
I agree. I made thousands of dollars for my drama department having various fundraisers.

Over 5k selling a cookbook we produced and sold at football and basketball games.
Having the Ag department (and this was a 1A school as well) make a trailer and a BBQ pit we raffled off. Another couple of grand.

There is plenty you can do.
onceaggie
AG
quote:
I agree. I made thousands of dollars for my drama department having various fundraisers.

Over 5k selling a cookbook we produced and sold at football and basketball games.
Having the Ag department (and this was a 1A school as well) make a trailer and a BBQ pit we raffled off. Another couple of grand.

Funny i didn't see him asking for his advice in his op.
SQXVI
AG
quote:
quote:

Funny i didn't see him asking for his advice in his op.

This is the second thread of his she's **** all over, leave the guy alone.
jkdunnam03
AG
Its okay, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and views. In a perfect world I would be able to raise thousands upon thousands of dollars via fundraisers, but like I said I have been here 3 weeks and we have 200-225 kids in Pre-K to 8 so there is only so much fundraising you can do before the community gets tapped out. With that being said I have talked to some of the monitors and admin of TexAgs and will be pulling down my posts for now because I didn't realize that I was in violation of some of the rules of the board. I hoping to get permission to re-post everything late next week and have an electronic account set up for those that wish to help. Thanks and Gig'em
Tanya 93
quote:
Its okay, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and views. In a perfect world I would be able to raise thousands upon thousands of dollars via fundraisers, but like I said I have been here 3 weeks and we have 200-225 kids in Pre-K to 8 so there is only so much fundraising you can do before the community gets tapped out. With that being said I have talked to some of the monitors and admin of TexAgs and will be pulling down my posts for now because I didn't realize that I was in violation of some of the rules of the board. I hoping to get permission to re-post everything late next week and have an electronic account set up for those that wish to help. Thanks and Gig'em
No matter what people think, I wasn't being a ***** on this. I have this exact experience. Like you, I was hired to take over a position in January. I was expected to produce shows and compete in OAP with little to do it with. We were able to make enough in a month to get the UIL set pieces we needed but didn't have.

I am also someone who has been there and done that at a 1a school that had under 200 kids Pre-K through 12. It's hard. But my experience after 11 years of teaching in small town Texas is that people are generous, but they are more generous when there is something for them.

But good luck. I am just saying the reality of having been a teacher with falling down stages, lights that would spark, and expectations of doing stuff, but no money offered to do it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.