Houston
Sponsored by

Live Crawfish

2,778 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Ferris Wheel Allstar
ElCheAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Helping a buddy that owns a restaurant/bar. Please list distributors/sellers that deliver in Houston.

Thanks!
plowboy1065
S
John Brooks
281-723-4050
Ag_07
AG
Don't do it...Too soon.
hurricanejake02
AG
Way too soon. I'm usually paying a premium for smallish crawfish when I buy for a boil in early March.
plowboy1065
S
It is too soon and what is being caught is small and fragile. Going to be a lot of loss and with this cold spell the catch will dwindle to nothing
Goodest Poster
AG
El Che,
PM me if your buddy is still looking.

The problem with this time of year is catch is low, so "NEW" accounts usually are lower on priority list because we're already cutting orders to ensure everyone gets something.

We have more crawfish than anyone in Houston. We haven't cut anyone this week, but any bitter cold fronts could change that. Id hate for your buddy to advertise and get started only to struggle with supply later.

HEB will also start ramping up this week, so our supply gets stretched even thinner. Fortunately, catch has been so good we're not worried about this week. Sadly we have to live 3-4 days at a time until late March.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
HOUSTON - Mudbugs are expected to have a great year and the season has already started - in January.
Last year, the harsh winter made crawfish burrow. Quantities were low and prices were high. The opposite is expected for this season.
http://www.khou.com/story/news/local/2015/01/27/crawfish-season-expected-to-be-best-in-years/22387403/
Goodest Poster
AG
We hope they're right Wonderer! Last year was worst on record for all our farmers. This year has been great to start but, we know how easy that can change.

Of course, weather people don't know its gonna rain until their head is wet.
OXDL45
slavy06
AG
jftx04 - Do you sell sacks to individuals or just to grocery stores/bars/restaurants? Also any idea what live bugs are going for per lb right now? I saw the most recent ad for some HEBs in the area advertising live bugs but they didn't have a price listed.
Goodest Poster
AG
Slavy-PM sent

HEB has been mulling a promotion. They know how much Im charging them.
agmatt06
AG
There any good deals coming for this weekend?

My wife wants to do a small boil for Valentines Day and I'm looking to see whats available to get.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I know that last weekend was scarce for getting good crawfish. They buried deep after the cold weather. This weekend should be a lot better

I heard these guys advertise on the 610 fishing report, they had crawfish at a good price early in the year. They do their own fishing.

Boyd's
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.