Houston
Sponsored by

CSN vs ROOT

1,733 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by htxag09
Clavell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know CSN was a fiasco, but at least they put out mostly sports. Looking at guide for ROOT I see The Ed Sullivan Show, Larry King Special Report, and a lot of 30 min advertisements.

Texaggie7nine
CSN was awesome. The local sports show with local guests. Bun B was becoming a regular. The production for Rockets and Astro games was on par with ESPN. Lots of great specials on the local teams.

Now we are stuck with this steaming pile of crap called Root.
7nine
MrJonMan
AG
I wouldn't know how CSN was because I didn't want to switch the the craptastic service that is Comcast.
drumboy
AG
CSN wanted $3 per house for everyone in TX and surrounding states and I'm sure people in Huntsville, much less Tulsa didn't care one bit about houston sports or Bun B.

I heard the programming was great but the market wasn't there outside of Houston.
RynoAg
AG
Completely different setups. It's too bad CSN never panned out because they had great local sports coverage along with games. Root is only in the market to show games. At least the majority of the city can now watch Rockets/Astros. Bigger problem is how do those teams re-attract fans that basically checked out due to the lack of access for years. At least the Rockets provide a good, entertaining product. The Astros continue to be a dumpster fire.
whiteman
Root is a giant pile of **** programming wise, CSN had replaced ESPN in our house
Ag_07
AG
Root made it possible for me to see Rockets and Astros. Therefore...

Root>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CSN
12th Man Ag
AG
As long as they show all the Astros & Rockets games, I couldn't care less whatever else they add to their programming.
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
CSN was awesome. The local sports show with local guests. Bun B was becoming a regular. The production for Rockets and Astro games was on par with ESPN. Lots of great specials on the local teams.

Now we are stuck with this steaming pile of crap called Root.
htxag09
AG
It doesn't matter how awesome a product is if nobody can see it......
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.