Houston
Sponsored by

Handgun shopping around the loop?

3,565 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Arminius
AggieTJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Probably not going to travel outside the beltway. Shopping for one for the wife. Any places to try? Ones to avoid?
The Wonderer
AG
Post this in the Outdoor board.

Why are you unwilling to leave the Loop? Money just not an option?
AggieTJ
AG
Eh... read about Tomball on another thread. Don't really feel like going up there, for example.
awh
AG
quote:
Why are you unwilling to leave the Loop?
No handgun
Stan Crowch
AG
Kashmere Gardens
CrossBowAg99
AG
I like Carter's Country on IH 10 @ Campbell. They aren't the cheapest place in town but they have a good selection. OTL ITB

Academy is cheap, but the selection is limited

Collector's Firearms is supposed to have a good selection but I have never been there. They are notoriously expensive. Richmond @ Fondren OTL ITB
Texaggie7nine
I know it's not an option before Christmas, but can you save much money going to one of the gun shows they have at GRB throughout the year? I have never gone.
7nine
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
One time I was at Academy at 290 and a guy asked if he could tuck the handgun into the back of his pants. He did and it fell on the floor, I lawled and gtfo there.
KDubAg
AG
There's Top Gun near Richmond and Fountain View. Actually located on Beverly Hill. A good place for your wife to test out the pistols before purchasing. Unless it's a gift. Unsure about prices.
htxag09
AG
quote:
I like Carter's Country on IH 10 @ Campbell. They aren't the cheapest place in town but they have a good selection. OTL ITB

Collector's Firearms is supposed to have a good selection but I have never been there. They are notoriously expensive. Richmond @ Fondren OTL ITB

This is pretty spot on. Collectors firearms has a great selection and are typically a little higher, nothing jaw dropping or outrageous, though. I got a les baer there and it was right in line with where it shoudl have been. And they were the only place in Houston with any. However, I wouldn't go there if looking for your general handgun.
metrag06
AG
Collectors or Carter's Country would be good for browsing, but you can usually get better prices online. Once you know what you want, check out places like Bud's Gun Shop, Kyle's Gun Shop, or Palmetto State armory.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
My gun shop opens next month.

Otl, but better prices and great service.

Texian firearms
07fta07
AG
quote:

Texian firearms

Where?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
just west of Hwy 6 and Westheimer
FtBendTxAg
AG
quote:

Man you need to change the fact that you've never been to collectors! Great place.
CrossBowAg99
AG
I always feel like I'll get jacked if I stop in the shopping center.
BrazosDog02
AG
I'll pay a little more for good service and employees that don't treat me like I'm an inconvenience. That's why I won't buy from carters or collectors.

Cane island in Katy is nice. I'd try the eye guy if I were you. He's a Texas regular.
rjamizon
Same experience as Brazos. I don't go to Carters or Collectors because I get treated like trash when I go in. I don't have grey hair or wear a rolex, maybe that's it.
CrossBowAg99
AG
Haha, I guess I like carters because I wear a Rolex
rjamizon
I wasn't Taking a shot at you crossbow, or anybody that wears a rolex. I dress in tshirts, mesh shorts, and asics pretty much everywhere I go and it bites me sometimes with service people.
BigPuma
AG
quote:

Texian firearms
Are you doing a range too?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Nice wish. I don't have the cash to do that, but it is in the grand plan. I am right down the road from American Shooting Center. Closest shop to them, actually.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
F Carters Country.
bevokilla
AG
quote:

Texian firearms
Do we get a free case of Texian beer if we buy a gun? Can I get a new prescription for contacts if I buy a gun? So many questions...
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Can't do eye exams but I will have a little mini optical so I can fill glasses prescriptions for dirty cheap. As to a case of Texian beer, I really would love to do that but I have a feeling the ATF would have a field day. However, I already have reached out to Texian Brewing Company about the idea of doing a cross promotion of some sort.
Wrec86 Ag
Academy Sports
Shawdaddy
AG
EyeGuy - Are you going to sell any NFA goodies?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Yes.
Shawdaddy
AG
You have my attention. How can I get in touch with you?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
NFA stuff wont be in until Feb. My email is eyeguytex@gmail.com or call me at 9795748243

Until FFL comes in, I will be doing optics/accessories/ammo
Arminius
quote:
I'll pay a little more for good service and employees that don't treat me like I'm an inconvenience. That's why I won't buy from carters, collectors or gander mountain

FIFY
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.