Houston
Sponsored by

Houston flights to Dallas

2,683 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
Dunbar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any pilots on this board flying to the DFW area either this afternoon or tomorrow morning and have an extra seat. Ill help cover the flight costs.
aTm2004
AG
http://mobile.usablenet.com/mt/us.megabus.com/default.aspx?
CrossBowAg99
AG
try here
Dunbar
AG
I have a couple friends who fly and was hoping to find a fellow ag who might be flying up that way and I could tag along. moreso for convenience than anything. Ill fly SW if no one responds
The Wonderer
AG
Why not just drive? It's 3.5ish hours vs. 1ish hour flight plus arriving early to the airport plus needing transport when you get there. Never understood flying to Dallas now that you can't just enter the airport and board the plane 5 minutes before take off.
Dunbar
AG
Brother lives up there and was gonna ride back with him as hes taking the week off for Christmas. Im in sales and drive all the time. Dont want to spend any more time behind the wheel than i have to
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
Brother lives up there and was gonna ride back with him as hes taking the week off for Christmas. Im in sales and drive all the time. Dont want to spend any more time behind the wheel than i have to
Well....that just like makes sense and what not.
nuRowdy
So you want a free flight just so you can turn around and ride for 3.5 hours because you want to avoid time on the road?
AgAttorney2010
AG
amazes me at the ja*ka**es on this board. He asked a simple question. If you can't help him then move a long. No need to beat down the guy for asking a simple question...

FWIW- Houston to Dallas is not 3.5 hours unless you are leaving from The Woodlands
aTm2004
AG
My reply was legit. It may suck and be the primary MOT for poor and minorities, but it will get him there in about the same time a plane would by the time you add in driving to the airport, boarding, etc.
AgAttorney2010
AG
That's your opinion, not a fact. You also have to factor in where exactly he is leaving from in Houston and where he is going in Dallas. That could determine which choice would be better. Also, regardless of the fact that it might be the same amount of time spent in the car driving vs. getting to the airport, getting on plane, etc., NO ONE can argue that it is less taxing on the body to just ride on an air plane vs. sitting behind the wheel driving 80 mph in 2 lane traffic racing against a bunch of other shi**y drivers who are in a rush to get to their destination and out of the car.

p.s. Every trip to Dallas isn't complete without a stop at Buccees so you have to factor that stop into your calculation of how long it takes to get there.
AgAttorney2010
AG
hope that high speed rail thing becomes reality. would be sweet to hop on a high speed train and get to dallas in 1 hr..

Panama Red
AG
Sleigh rides with flying reindeer will be available before any high speed rail.
Dunbar
AG
quote:
So you want a free flight just so you can turn around and ride for 3.5 hours because you want to avoid time on the road?
If youll read my post I offered to help cover the costs associated with flying. Not asking for a free handout like you Obama supporters
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
amazes me at the ja*ka**es on this board. He asked a simple question. If you can't help him then move a long. No need to beat down the guy for asking a simple question...

FWIW- Houston to Dallas is not 3.5 hours unless you are leaving from The Woodlands
you must be new around here
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:

you must be new around here
Just another sign of how far our beloved Tine board has fallen from its heyday.
nuRowdy
I make the trek in 3.5 hours most times. I'll do it tomorrow and post the results here later.
FtBendTxAg
AG
quote:

Actually, I just moved home from working in Dallas a couple years and could easily get from 610 to Downtown in 3.5 hours pretty easily with little to no traffic. Plano to SL was 4 hours 20 min
fire09
AG
Got an extra seat in a t36 out of hooks. Leaving after this layer burns off, probably around noon, flying in to mckinney tki. I'm not the pilot, Co owner is, and sure he wouldn't mind splitting gas. Lmk
agdaddy04
AG
Awesome. Texags comes through.
bigjag19
AG
The Madisonville BucEes sucks.

Stop in Centerville.
BMX Bandit
bigjag19 is the one that sucks.
FtBendTxAg
AG
quote:
The Madisonville BucEes sucks.

Stop in Centerville.

You've ****ing lost it. That bucees is normally awesome but currently under construction. Woody's Smokehouse in Centerville is effing awesome though. So you're half right!
nuRowdy
Took me 3:35 today.
Dunbar
AG
quote:
Got an extra seat in a t36 out of hooks. Leaving after this layer burns off, probably around noon, flying in to mckinney tki. I'm not the pilot, Co owner is, and sure he wouldn't mind splitting gas. Lmk
Thanks for the offer. I ended up taking SW Saturday morning. Airport was rediculous.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:

I've probably made that drive as many times as anybody on this board. My mom used to always say that Sugar Land (went to high school) to Corsicana (where my grandparents lived) was 3 hours. That's total mom driving speed. It really is more like 2:40 or less. I did it in 2:20 when I was in high school, but that was stupid. Dallas is another 50 minutes past there.

It's 252 miles from my house in West Houston, to my old house in the M Streets in Dallas. That's easily doable in 3.5 hours if you don't stop.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.