Houston
Sponsored by

Bear Creek Area

1,434 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by lexofer
canadianAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any opinions on the bear creek area? Looking at renting a home on Beaver Hollow Dr. Should we not do this and just go for an apartment somewhere else? Am I going to get shanked/shot? Apartment already got robbed 3 weeks ago downtown, don't want to go through it again anytime soon.
tylercsbn9
AG
I'd advise avoiding living in and area that feeds into Mayde creek high school. Same with the cypress schools put there.
cajunaggie08
AG
I believe the rule of thumb is dont go north of clay and south of 529. I dont know the specifics to crime in that neighborhood but judging by the number of street vendors that come out at night on that stretch of 6, speaking spanish will come in handy.
Texaggie7nine
Probably want to avoid that area. I would advise either going north of 529 or south of 10.
7nine
sts7049
AG
he neighborhood north of clay and east of 6 isn't bad, fairly quiet with lots of older homes. but generally i wouldn't recommend it.
agnerd
AG
Lots of lower-middle class Mexicans there. Biggest crime threat is probably having your tailgate or rims stolen. Mexicans usually just stab each other, and it's always because of a woman. If you want to save money and don't have kids, it's probably a good choice. And very convenient to the park and ride. Commute towards I-10 is easy. Commute to get ONTO I-10 is a PITA.

I always recommend that people drive out the potential new places and have breakfast before commuting in to your job at peak hours. Otherwise, you might never know that it takes 10 minutes to get to I-10, and 20 additional minutes to get onto the on-ramp.
canadianAg
AG
I actually drove by it today and through the neighborhood. Definitely agree, looks mostly like lower class hispanic which is fine. Overall, didn't look overly rough or beat down. We are young with no kids. I work for an energy company right off I10 at highway 6 and my wife will be taking the park and ride to the med center for school so it would be very convenient for us.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
About every 7 years old school Bear Creek floods pretty bad.
lexofer
AG
I live just a little east of there off West Little York and also work in energy at I-10 and 6. With the construction going on in the median, HWY 6 traffic in rush hours has been pretty crappy the last couple of months but that will end eventually. The neighborhoods around there aren't bad, but some of the apartment complexes nearby are terrible.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.