Houston
Sponsored by

They'll Fight Over It When You're Dead.

2,632 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by aTm2004
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
A hot wife and two fabulous kids and 14 Rwandan sons and daughters and a cool dog and a crooked federale sent to kill me kind of makes up the Saddleback story.......

Please welcome new sponsor, Saddleback Leather:

I'm Sarah Farver '88 and a few years ago, I ran across a company called Saddleback Leather. At the time, I didn't know anything about leather, but did love a couple leather bags I had, so I decided to check them out. It was Saddleback's slogan that caught my eye: "They'll fight over it when you're dead." This was part of their promise, since all of their leather came with a 100 year guarantee.

BLUE

If that BOLD statement wasn't enough to get my attention, Saddleback's founder, Dave Munson, had a eulogy to his dog, Blue, posted right on his website. It reminded me of Maggie, my doberman, who was with me at TAMU and loved riding around campus.

Well, everything about Saddleback spoke to me. I loved seeing an American company offer a product they were 100% proud of. I loved the ode to Blue. I loved that when I bought a wallet for my husband, I knew it would be something he could pass down to our son one day, and that it would be better for the wear.

The more I dug into their website, the more I connected with who the company is. The owner, Dave Munson, started the company when he was living in Mexico teaching English. He needed a bag to carry his schoolbooks around so he walked into a leather shop, handed the guy a drawing and asked him to make it. Check out the full story on our site.

As you've probably guessed, I now work at Saddleback and none of that initial appreciation has faded. Saddleback Leather spoke to me, and I think it'll speak to other Aggies too.

Actual adventure photos of a few Saddleback bags. Check 'em all out HERE.

Eli N. Konieczka - St. Maarten, Eastern Caribbean sign

David Watts - Castaway Quickly

Jonavan Roux's and Bear

Alex Lee, Wave Rock Western Australia

Jack Anderson Marr Piedmont Glacier, Antarctica

Ryan Menath on Air Force Refueling Tanker over Iraq
aTm2004
AG
Love their wallet and hope Santa brings me a large briefcase.
CRM1712
AG
Love Saddleback. Have had my briefcase for two years and looks better than the day I bought it. Wanting a wallet and padfolio, maybe for Christmas.
Mister Awesome
I'd sure hate to get Munsoned out in the middle of nowhere.
schmendeler
AG
can I get the name of the old guy in mexico? I bet his is cheaper.
Producers_96
AG
I have one of their bags, and I heartily endorse their product. Saddleback Leather is kinda like divorce -- it may be expensive, but that's because it's worth every effing penny.
chico
AG
14 Rwandans!
BarryProfit
Hot wife!
Al Bula
AG
Every one seems to be jizzing over a man purse. What's going on here?
aTm2004
AG
Briefcase is not a man purse.

Look at it this way...you could spend $100 on a cheap one and replace it every couple of years or spend $5-600 on SB and keep it forever.
ChipFTAC01
AG
To be fair, I bought a cheap briefcase (I think from Wilson leather) when I was 23ish. Probably paid $100 for it. I finally retired it in 2013, not because it was worn out, but because I was tired of it and I wanted something different, especially for travelling. I still got compliments on it (which was weird, because it was just an old briefcase).
Al Bula
AG
quote:
... Says the guy who carries a man purse.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:
... Says the guy who carries a man purse.

I don't have a briefcase...yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.