Houston
Sponsored by

Labor Law Attorney in Houston

1,369 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by LawAg05
AG4EVER98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am starting a new business and need to speak with a labor law attorney in Houston to find out if I am able to contract my drivers to drive my vans or if I need to make them an employee.

Does anyone know a Labor law attorney here in the Houston area that can help?
combat wombat™
AG
I'm going to go out on a professional limb and say that of you have drivers who you expect to show up on your schedule, to drive you vans, with your stuff in them to your customers that they are employees and not contractors.

I am a CPA. I am not you CPA. I would recommend that you speak with your CPA or your attorney before you get into trouble with the Texas Workforce Commission or someone else.

In the meantime, you may find this helpful:

Independent contractor?
AG4EVER98
That's exactly why I am trying to cover all basis and not get in trouble with the TWC. Thanks for your help Combat
combat wombat™
AG
I would say that, in this case, the work you are hiring them to do being done "off premises" isn't applicable.
LawAg05
AG
I am happy to help, but this is requires more discussion than you likely want public about your business. Send me a PM and we will work it out.
UndergroundAg
quote:
I am happy to help, but this is requires more discussion than you likely want public about your business. Send me a PM and we will work it out.

Is this an offer for free legal advice??
Patentmike
AG
A Houston guy who won't gouge you is Larry Stuart 713/337-3750. Combat is on the right track, by the way.

Sorry LawAg, the in reply was to the wrong post--dumb iPad. I am not saying LawAg will gouge, just that I know Larry won't.
Patentmike
AG
Link to an article from Larry's firm

http://www.stuartpc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/is-that-worker-really-an-independent-contractor.pdf
AG4EVER98
Thank you all for your help. Always know the Aggie network is the way to go.
LawAg05
AG
No worries. Good luck.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.