Houston
Sponsored by

Does anyone know any health/tech/political journalists or bloggers in Houston?

906 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Take Command
Take Command
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I need some help getting some traction for my start-up. Next week, we're launching a first-of-its-kind web app that helps you choose a health insurance plan. However, instead of just comparing confusing deductibles and co-pays like healthcare.gov or other sites, you can tell us your medical needs, prescriptions, favorite doctors, etc. and we'll estimate what your actual cost will for each plan and insurance company. Our goal is to empower individual consumers (unlike Mr. Gruber). In tests, most people save over $500 with our app over choosing by themselves.

I think we have a compelling story (the app was conceived when my wife and I were blessed/surprised by a twin pregnancy on student health insurance) and a relevant tech solution to a hot political topic. However, my partner and I are new to PR and basically sucking at it.

I'd love to get a few warm introductions to journalists and bloggers than might be interested before I try to just email blast them.

Thanks!!

PS...You can preview the app here if you're interested: www.takecommandhealth.com
BarryProfit
I see the consumer reports gal on Channel 2 give segments every morning on different types of products, she's highlighted aps before as well. As I'm sure you know, right now is open enrollment season so your timing is right but your window is somewhat narrow. Good luck it sounds like a great product.
Take Command
Good idea, just emailed her. Thanks!
SlackerAg
AG
Michael Garfield (the "High-Tech Texan") does a radio show and writes a tech column for 002 Magazine.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I know quite many here in Houston. Shoot me a PM.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Ag Producer, could you help??
agproducer
AG
Try e-mailing Jeff Ehling at 13. I'll send him this info.
Take Command
Thanks agproducer, I appreciate your help! Unfortunately I can't find a way to contact you or Jeff. Any hints? My email is jack@takecommandhealth.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.